Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Lift Questions

Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Lift Questions

I am looking to lift my 2011 JKU Rubicon. I was wondering if there was anyone running the OME lift and how they liked it. My Jeep is a daily driver and I only take it off road about once a month so this looks like the best lift for me and within my budget. I was also wondering if there were other modifications that needed to be made with their lift (driveshaft, break lines....)

Thanks for the help.

Nick
Old 10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

i have it, recommend it. I went with the standard springs, no trackbar changes. getting an adjustable trackbar and lower control arms will be a good way to improve the handling, but it drives like a dream as is. You'll find yourself running over curbs, farm animals, smaller cars, anything just to be amazed at how smooth it is
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on track bars and lca's. I have that lift and like it.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an OME heavy duty lift and I like it. I had the OME light lift and loved it too, it had the best ride. However it was too light for any hauling or camping. Call Dave at Northridge he can answer a lot of questions on it.

The first thing you should do is figure out what your jeep plans are, eg tire size, bumpers, tire carriers, etc and what type of jeeping you are planning. The biggest advice I have is don't rush into it. If you haven't been offroad go to a local meet and greet and talk to people. Head out on an easy trail run with others and watch and learn. Your opinions of what you want may change. Spend your money once and do it right for your plans.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Fairly popular lift - search is your friend. This one is from yesterday...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=ome

Quick Reply: OME Lift Questions