Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Lift Conplete... now for the sway bar disconnects!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
I grease my discos a little every time I change the oil. Probably not needed that much.

I would suggest getting the new brake lines for a 3"+ lift.
I was looking at these ones... haven't done much research on them yet, but seems that NorthRidge only sells good stuff, unlike some of the comp out there.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...OWN-JEEP21FR04
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by slackr
Also need to replace the rears.... any thoughts there?
New lines all around, or run down to the hardware store and make your own brackets for under $10. Plenty of people are running the brackets, so not really an issue of half-assing it, just depends on lift height and needs.

And another vote for the JKS discos, they work great. TeraFlex discos would be my second choice, really like the idea of the mounting system.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Jks quickers in the front and adjustables in the rear
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=EVO-1036

I was looking at something along these lines. For a 3" lift I would need the 10.5"? A lot of crap goes into a lift... especially when it turns out almost 1.5 highter than advertised (although all the posts said to expect it).
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Been there done that with the ome lift. I have changed everything under my rig with the exception of the ball joints and the new ones are on my work bench waiting for the factory ones to wear out.

Why not just get the northridge links that are $69 vs the $94
You should need some that are 3"-3.5" longer then the factory ones.
Just tell dave what you are looking for an he will set you straight.
Good call. Guess I will call him in the morning and get squared away. Thanks for the input
Old 06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like the 2inch OME lift? Think it will clear my 315/70/17s? They measure 34 and 1/4 inches
Old 06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The lift should clear those tires might need some spacers though.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by speed2005
How do you like the 2inch OME lift? Think it will clear my 315/70/17s? They measure 34 and 1/4 inches
It's a great lift and rides really nice. You will have no problem with clearance as it gives you over 3" front and rear (at least with the heavy). Don't forget your away bar connects and fuel line extenders. If tire is over 10.5 wide you will need spaces for sure, I just ordered mine as I have under a 1/2 inch clearance on the sidewall. It doesn't rub, but under flex I have a feeling it will be.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are the earlier pictures you posted from the side a picture with the suspension installed? Is the rear lower than the front? Which coils did you go with?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have jks and there very strong and very easy to use, as for the grease I add a little every oil change and I don't even think any other brands have grease zerks on them, jks makes tuff shit I recommend them, as for the brake lines I just did a 3" lift and got 3.5" all around and I just bent the front lines a little bit and put 3" drop brackets in the rear and there's lots of room for flex, hope this helps

Quick Reply: OME Lift Conplete... now for the sway bar disconnects!