Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ome installed today

Old 03-09-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-T
I put in an OME lift a week ago on my JK. It took about 3 1/2 hours to get it done. I went with heavy front springs, TF adjustable front and rear track bars, and Currie front and rear sway bar links. Except for the sway bar links everything went wright in. The front links were some work because I had to cut 2" off the rods and drill out the mounting holes in the sway bar. A hand drill did not work for that, I pulled the bar and put it in my drill press to get that done.
You're just faster than this old man. My problem was with the pos bracket which needed machined to get it to fit. Like I said OME has to know the parts don't fit they just need to get rid of the ones that don't work before they make a new batch.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine didn't come with a track bar bracket. Heck, after I lined the holes back, up, my steering wheel is still dead center and the off set is hardly noticeable. I have driven it about two weeks and the steering wheel is still centered even after the 35's. It took me about 3 or so hours. I am going to put on my teraflex longer sway bar links this week.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read in a few different places that this lift is closer to a 3" than 2"

You guys think this lift would allow the use of 35" tires without a BL???
Old 03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, it will, if you install the HD springs.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

With respect to the wrong size hardware. My guess would be that when OME designed their original version of it, they of course had the right size everything.

THEN THEY WENT TO MASS PRODUCTION WITH IT!!! lol

This means they subcontracted out to some overseas company that couldn't give a crap if they get the right size or not because it's staffed entirely by people who are making about 8 dollars a week. Somewhere in the translation the wrong size got inserted into the kits and sent out and by the time customers start having issues they've already made 10,000 of the things.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black08X
With respect to the wrong size hardware. My guess would be that when OME designed their original version of it, they of course had the right size everything.

THEN THEY WENT TO MASS PRODUCTION WITH IT!!! lol

This means they subcontracted out to some overseas company that couldn't give a crap if they get the right size or not because it's staffed entirely by people who are making about 8 dollars a week. Somewhere in the translation the wrong size got inserted into the kits and sent out and by the time customers start having issues they've already made 10,000 of the things.
It is also possible that the Engineers in the US made a production change. The JK used to make the part in the first place may not be the same as the production ones now. Blaming a unknown overseas production facility is more fun though.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

The Heavy Duty or Medium Duty springs have nothing to do with the end lift height. Both will be the same
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

they flex a lot, depends on what 35s you got. my 35 1350s rub when stuffed
Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brdhoodlum
The Heavy Duty or Medium Duty springs have nothing to do with the end lift height. Both will be the same
Actaully that's not entirely true. The HD spring is made to accomodate the addtional weight of aftermarket bumper, winch, skid, etc... It will compress less than the medium duty spring resulting in more lift or less compression (however you want to look at it).
Old 03-10-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adaycj
Blaming a unknown overseas production facility is more fun though.
Exactly. lol

Quick Reply: ome installed today