Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME Help/Question

Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME Help/Question

Anyone running the OME 2" lift, please answer. I received my kit and it only had two spacers. Should there be four?

Also, no rear track bar relocation bracket either. If you have this lift, what are you using for the rear track bar if anything?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

The kit just has two spacers for the front and there is no relo bracket or adjustable track bars. My OME kit is excellent on the road but I installed both front and rear adjustable track bars to center the axles. Front was out about 3/8" to the drivers side and the rear about the same, maybe a little less, to the passenger side. I also put on JKS quicker swaybar disconnects to level the swaybar out.

I did these mods but I think you could get by without doing them and be very happy with the results and ride...
Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep1d10t
The kit just has two spacers for the front and there is no relo bracket or adjustable track bars. My OME kit is excellent on the road but I installed both front and rear adjustable track bars to center the axles. Front was out about 3/8" to the drivers side and the rear about the same, maybe a little less, to the passenger side. I also put on JKS quicker swaybar disconnects to level the swaybar out.

I did these mods but I think you could get by without doing them and be very happy with the results and ride...

thanks for the feedback. Whose adj track bars did you go with?
Old 12-26-2007, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

They are Full Traction from David at Northridge...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

How difficult would the install be for the adj. track bars if doing it yourself?

I ordered the OME lift from Dave at Northridge and have never taken a coil or shock out in my life and probably will have a local shop do the install. I did install my Borla cat-back but that requires merely hand tools.

Now, I'm just patiently waiting for my wheels/tires and lift to come.

Does anyone know if I'll need a spacer for the spare tire carrier?

Pro Comp 7189
17x9
4.75 BS

MT MTZ
315/70/R17~34.4x12.4
Old 12-26-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

The trackbars are easy and take no time at all. I did both after careful measurements in less than a half hour. I was lucky and my measurements after the install was right on.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beancounter
Anyone running the OME 2" lift, please answer. I received my kit and it only had two spacers. Should there be four?

Also, no rear track bar relocation bracket either. If you have this lift, what are you using for the rear track bar if anything?

Thanks for any feedback.
I am running an OME suspension. Did not install any trim spacers - front or rear - natural rake of Jeep most corrected itself with new coils. Rear Panhard bracket is installed (their name for a track bar relocation).

Trim spacers are there to help correct any rake issues you may have... they are available for all 4 positions. I imagine 2 will remove stock rake on vehicle... 4 would take all 4 corners up 3/8th of an inch (if I remember correctly). You may want to install and see if it is good for you... or you can always contact distributor you purchased from for other 2. The part number is the same for all 4 I believe so they should be universal in position. For me, the trim spacers had a cost attached to them and were not included; but, I didn't buy a "kit" rather purchased each individual part.

Good luck and you will probably love the suspension... most seem to and I know I do!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the feedback fellas. The jist is the kit comes with two spacers, most don't use them. A relocation bracket is not included. From the feedback I have gotten, some have used a bracket, some have gone full force with adj track bars, and some have nothing. All are very satisfied, so I am done thinking at this point and I am going to just start wrenching. I can always add the bracket or adj track bar later. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: OME Help/Question