Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ome Hd Suggestion

Old 09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ome Hd Suggestion

I want to buy the ome hd lift kit but it only comes with the shocks and springs and they say it fine to run it as it is... but with all the other forums they talk about adding parts and i'm not sure what i really need... I'm only running stock 32" tires on 17" wheels... any recommendations on parts I should buy to go with the kit???
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...E-LIFT&cat=272
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking at the same kit, from Northridge as well. (their .ca site though...greatest thing to happen to Canadian Jeepers in a long time!)

In addition to the springs and shocks that come with the OME kit, I'm looking at:

-JKS adjustable track bars front and rear
-Bump stop extensions front and rear (because I want to run 35's next spring)
-Currie rear spring retainers
-New brake lines (LT shocks, and better safe than sorry, right?)
-Longer (adjustable) sway bar links. I will probably get both, but you can certainly get by with just rear...move your old rears up front
-2 sets of spacers so that I can hang onto my stock wheels/tires for winter use

I'm also considering a set of Currie adjustable control arms so that I can set my caster...but I'm not yet convinced that these are truly necessary.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

i ordered everything you did and i went with ltr shocks and the lower currie arms i should get it on monday. that being said if jeep gets mine built i will be happy. i think it is a very good kit and northridge has great prices. not to say terra flex isn't a great lift as well i just think that ome is more for me. there is a write up on this kit as well if you haven't looked at it.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

they say it fine to run it as it is... but with all the other forums they talk about adding parts and i'm not sure what i really need...
For any lift, the higher you go, the more components are needed to bring you back to a 'stock' ride. With the OME 'light' springs, giving around 2" of lift, you probably wouldn't need anything else. With the 'HD' springs giving somewhere in the 3-4" range, you'll want to look at added components. (Can you run the HD's as is, with just springs and shocks? Of course. But it certainly won't handle like it did stock.)

But it's all about personal preference. What handing characteristics are 'you' willing to live with. Get the basic kit, drive it, and decide for yourself if you need anything else.

My opinion - If you can afford it, definitely look at the LT kit from northridge.

If you go with the basic kit. Add:
- One set of front extended bumpstops, whatever brand. (they go inside the front coils, do this on the install so you don't have to rip the front end apart a second time)
- Make some ext brake line brackets. ($5 at the hardware store) Better yet, go for some extended lines.
- Adj trackbars or brackets. Going up 3-4", the axles will be noticeably shifted to one side. (this is a preference. You'll want to address it at some point, but maybe not right away)
- One set of front adjustable control arms. Caster is not adjustable with the fixed stock arms. If you are unhappy with the flighty handling/bumpsteer/etc after the lift, this is your fix. (you could also look at longer/shorter fixed arms or cam bolts, but adj's would be preferred)
- Longer rear swaybar links. Then move the stock rear links up front.

Will you be disconnecting? If so, the importance of the bumpstops and brake line brackets goes up.

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-12-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
G16
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoccerMan1080
I want to buy the ome hd lift kit but it only comes with the shocks and springs and they say it fine to run it as it is... but with all the other forums they talk about adding parts and i'm not sure what i really need... I'm only running stock 32" tires on 17" wheels... any recommendations on parts I should buy to go with the kit???

Read this

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/my-first-lift-2inch-ome-terafex-km2-lt-285-70-r17-41633/

Last edited by G16; 09-13-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For any lift, the higher you go, the more components are needed to bring you back to a 'stock' ride. With the OME 'light' springs, giving around 2" of lift, you probably wouldn't need anything else. With the 'HD' springs giving somewhere in the 3-4" range, you'll want to look at added components. (Can you run the HD's as is, with just springs and shocks? Of course. But it certainly won't handle like it did stock.)

But it's all about personal preference. What handing characteristics are 'you' willing to live with. Get the basic kit, drive it, and decide for yourself if you need anything else.

My opinion - If you can afford it, definitely look at the LT kit from northridge.
I have the OME HD kit and the JKS adjustable front and rear trac bards. Drives so much better than stock! 10,000 miles and no issues at all. Call Dave @ Northridge!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

where can i find:
Bump stop extensions (and what size for ome hd 3+in lift)
Rear track bar relocation brackets
Rear brake line extension brackets

Last edited by SoccerMan1080; 09-12-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Bump stop extensions -
2" (upper or lower, your choice) Any local or online shop.

Rear track bar relocation brackets -
The TeraFlex relo bracket has very good reviews. Website or send them a message here, or give Northridge a call? (not sure who else makes a good bracket)

Rear brake line extension brackets -
Make them...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=brake+line
Old 09-12-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Bump stop extensions -
2" (upper or lower, your choice) Any local or online shop.

Rear track bar relocation brackets -
The TeraFlex relo bracket has very good reviews. Website or send them a message here, or give Northridge a call? (not sure who else makes a good bracket)

Rear brake line extension brackets -
Make them...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=brake+line
Thanks for the help... do i need bump stops front and rear... also i'm only running 32" tires right now... so are they even needed?

Quick Reply: Ome Hd Suggestion