Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ome hd lift + tf leveling pucks?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ome hd lift + tf leveling pucks?

Hey guys. I'm having an one hd lift with lt shocks, bumpstops, brake lines, adjustable track bars. No control arms at this point. I want to run my current tf leveling pucks on top of the ome lift as the rear is a spring retainer as well.

What is your guys opinion on this? Should I run both front pucks or just one? Is here any rake remaining with the ome springs?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A spacer on top of new coils isn't a problem --> if you are set up for the height!!

You will be over 3" with the OME HD's. Add spacers on top, and PLAN on adding control arms.

Should I run both front pucks or just one
You have two sets of front spacers now? Or you only want to run them on one side?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Hey guys. I'm having an one hd lift with lt shocks, bumpstops, brake lines, adjustable track bars. No control arms at this point. I want to run my current tf leveling pucks on top of the ome lift as the rear is a spring retainer as well.

What is your guys opinion on this? Should I run both front pucks or just one? Is here any rake remaining with the ome springs?
I have that same kit...gave me about 3 1/4" up front and 3" in the rear....no more rake. Why do you want to add the leveling kit spacers? Are you planning on running 37's?

I'd add in some adj front lower control arms. Adding those pucks will most likely put you in the new drive shaft department.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Sounds like you may end up nose high with that setup The coils alone should level you out.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea my leveling kit came with (2) 1 inch spacers for the front and (1) 1 inch spacer for the rear.

I want to run the rear spacer as it also functions like a spring retainer during heavy articulation.

And yes, in going to 37's in the spring. I have a set of almost new toyo mt's in my barn. 37x14.5x15.

I've got flat fenders as well. I really just wanted to use the pucks as a rear coil retainer. I'll be adding front lca's when the money comes in regardless of pucks or not.

Edit: I have no problem using only one 1 inch puck front and rear to avoid being nose up.

Last edited by Harbourone; 11-10-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Yea my leveling kit came with (2) 1 inch spacers for the front and (1) 1 inch spacer for the rear.

I want to run the rear spacer as it also functions like a spring retainer during heavy articulation.

And yes, in going to 37's in the spring. I have a set of almost new toyo mt's in my barn. 37x14.5x15.

I've got flat fenders as well. I really just wanted to use the pucks as a rear coil retainer. I'll be adding front lca's when the money comes in regardless of pucks or not.

Edit: I have no problem using only one 1 inch puck front and rear to avoid being nose up.
I'm assuming that you've already scoped out this complete OME LT kit from Northridge....it comes with adj front lowers and spring retainers.

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....K-LIFT&cat=272

With this OME HD lift and flat fenders, you should be able to run 37's.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I opted out hoping to use my pucks as retainers and didn't have the $$ for control arms at the time.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'll be adding front lca's when the money comes in regardless of pucks or not.
Hope the money comes in soon. 4.25" on stock arms will make for a very fun ride.

Also, what is the length of the new brake lines? I ordered the 'extended' crowns from Northridge with my ome hd lift, and ripped a rear line off the frame. Went to the hardware store and made extension brackets in addition to the extended lines...

You should also consider adding extended bumpstops, especially if you will you be disconnecting. The fronts go 'inside' the coils, so add them during the install. Rears can be added any time. (with 32" actual height tires and stock bumpstops, I was rubbing the front fenders hard enough to rip them off...)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, what is the length of the new brake lines? I ordered the 'extended' crowns from Northridge with my ome hd lift, and ripped a rear line off the frame. Went to the hardware store and made extension brackets in addition to the extended lines...
New rear brakelines have no issues at all they are plenty long

David
Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have thought of adding front spacers as well. After a year of an aftermarket bumper and winch, the front has sagged about an inch. I am just a little concerned if I add a small spacer to the front, then it will be nose up.....so we shall see.

I added front upper and lower TF adj. arms. Major improvement in steering / handling.

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Hope the money comes in soon. 4.25" on stock arms will make for a very fun ride.

You should also consider adding extended bumpstops, especially if you will you be disconnecting. The fronts go 'inside' the coils, so add them during the install. Rears can be added any time. (with 32" actual height tires and stock bumpstops, I was rubbing the front fenders hard enough to rip them off...)

Quick Reply: Ome hd lift + tf leveling pucks?