Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME HD 2 inch Lift?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME HD 2 inch Lift?

I am looking at putting a old man emu 2 inch HD kit on to my 2013 unlimited jk and had a few questions.
1.) How much lift do you really get from this kit i have heard all the way up to 4.
2.) If i get more than 2 inches from the kit and i want to put jks quick disconnects what size do i get?
3.) Do i need adjustable front and or rear track bars?
4.) Is old man emu really the best 2 inch lift for the jk?
Thanks in advance for any help. Just trying to take my first jeep from mall rated to off road rated.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. You will get a lot if you don't have bumpers and winch. With all that I got about 3" maybe 2 1/2"
2. I stayed stock so I would measure it after the lift.
3. No, I don't have them and it drives great. Offset is minimal in the rear, maybe 1".
4. Don't know, but this is my 3rd one on my 3rd JK. I won't buy anything else.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks DadsCJ
Have you done any thing else or changed any thing that came with the ome kit (shocks/springs ect.) and where did you buy your kit from i can find them on sale anywhere.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jagster
I am looking at putting a old man emu 2 inch HD kit on to my 2013 unlimited jk and had a few questions.
1.) How much lift do you really get from this kit i have heard all the way up to 4.
2.) If i get more than 2 inches from the kit and i want to put jks quick disconnects what size do i get?
Thanks in advance for any help. Just trying to take my first jeep from mall rated to off road rated.
I have been running the OME HD kit for around 6 months now and love it. I have a 2 door and netted a total of 3 inches all around. I bought this from a fellow JKer so the springs were already settled. I am not running aftermarker bumpers or winch....yet I did put JKS front and rear adjustable track bars on to recenter the axles but it wasnt necessary, many run this lift without them but I felt more comfortable with them on there. As far as the quick discos I would wait and measure after you put the lift on. If its close to the middle point between the two different sets of quick discos just wait for the springs to settle and whatever bumpers your gonna run, or call JKS directly and ask them. Is it the best...m not sure but unless your wanting to spend >1000 bucks IMO i'd go with OME or Teraflex and bilstein shocks. Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Northridge.. 2" HD OME with jks trac bars front and rear, jks discos, AEV geometry brackets, Tera flex bumps stops, and Tera flex exhaust spacer. 33 inch tires
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-552023918.jpg
Views:	1857
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	435456  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in the process also for the last year that i have had my jkur i was gonna go with aev but i like having a stiffer ride its a jeep not lincoln or cadi....so i checked and posted on here a few times i actually called a few install shops around here and in the states and made up my mind im going threw nr4x4(canada) and getting there ome 2'' with hd front and rear with long travel shocks the jks trackbars front and back with clayton lower control arms brake,lines spring retainers bump stops front and rear and few other goodies for around 1400 ....u cant beat that..and ill use the stock fron driveshaft till the boot in worn....cant wait
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 19jeep
Northridge.. 2" HD OME with jks trac bars front and rear, jks discos, AEV geometry brackets, Tera flex bumps stops, and Tera flex exhaust spacer. 33 inch tires
rig looks nice stan at nr4x4 said to just run the aev brackets i queted him that alot of guys said they get beat to sh>> i guess aev made the brackets more beefier and countless guys use them with no complaints also this is my dd and not gonna go out on a mission to destroy my nearly $50k rig...i might go this route also the clayton lca's are nearly $400 that could be my new bumper...
Old 03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks DadsCJ
Have you done any thing else or changed any thing that came with the ome kit (shocks/springs ect.) and where did you buy your kit from i can find them on sale anywhere.
I went with the Bilstein 5100 as I have liked the ride.

Everything else is OME.

I bought mine through a local sho;p I deal with. Great guys and good prices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1112.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	435498Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1115.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	435499
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys lots of good information and the pics look great also. If you have any more information please keep posting. But is sounds like put the kit on and go from there. Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I got just a bit over 3" on my 2 door. Ran the nitro sport shocks and switched to bilstein 5100's. The nitro sport were better imo. Still running the nitro's on my jku.
Your axles will be off set by quite a bit but really doesn't affect the performance, it just looks funny to those that are behind you running down the road in the crab position.
You can simply put a 3" raised bracket on the rear axle to recenter it. Front would need an adjustable.
Get the 2.5"-6" quicker disconnects.

Quick Reply: OME HD 2 inch Lift?