Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME and 33" BFG Images

Old 12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEEJ
The whole matching of springs to shocks is not that big a deal, sure, its important to do it for the best results, but all they do is matching the rebound/compression to the spring rates and vehicle its meant for.

Your choice of tire for example will change what is "matched"...as the extra weight of a big tire bouncing or needing damping, etc...will change what rebound/compression you need, which impacts he matching spring rates, etc. (A vicious cycle...)

The OME's are just plain 'ol twin tube shocks, nothing amazing.
That is exactly what I was told by Adams Jeep, they are the ones that told me to go this way. They put more lifts on Jeeps than anyone in the area, a truly lift friendly dealership. So far I really like the ride.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Is that the 2inch lift????????????
Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

Talking My bad

Don't mean to threadjack but are those 33x11.5 on your stock wheels? no rub, I will go to 33*11.5 but I wanna keep my stock wheels to save some cash, Nice looking Jeep though.....
Old 12-07-2007, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by The_Captain
Don't mean to threadjack but are those 33x11.5 on your stock wheels? no rub, I will go to 33*11.5 but I wanna keep my stock wheels to save some cash, Nice looking Jeep though.....
No rub yet.....I need to see what it will do when flexed, but on the street and wheel turned full lock either direction, no rub....but it's close
Old 12-07-2007, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
No rub yet.....I need to see what it will do when flexed, but on the street and wheel turned full lock either direction, no rub....but it's close
Do you have spacers? I am hoping the AEV wheels will bring them out enough so thats not an issue
Old 12-07-2007, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WireTap
Looks sick! Can't wait to hear the review! Good call on using the black-wall side.
IMO white letters shouldnt even be an option on an offroad tire, just looks so 80's. Just my .02.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by michaelt
Do you have spacers? I am hoping the AEV wheels will bring them out enough so thats not an issue
No spacers....I too will be getting the AEV wheels, with thier backspacing we will have no concerns at all....and the AEV's are one of the few wheels designed for the TPMS....

Quick Reply: OME and 33" BFG Images