Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" vs Teraflex 2.5 kit?

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Zee
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The teraflex is a very tempting interim lift, until the Rubi shocks wear down. They are pretty decent shocks.

However, I have to be sure it will sit level with a winch/bumper before I buy.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee
I am in the same dilemma here... OME or Teraflex. I considered BDS, but the guys I spoke to that had the lift for a period of time on their TJ's said it was crap.

I have questions:

1. With the Teraflex, will the Jeep sit even with a Winch/Bumper up front? I do not want to use spacers.

2. A a later date, can OME shocks be used with the Teraflex lift? (i know... OME is a competitor, but you gotta admit, they have a great rep)

Thanks

EDIT: I'm a "JK Freak" now!

#1 Sit even? well, it sits nicely. The rear is still up a little. But when you throw in an ice chest some chains, ect, ect and a fat person.... It's level. I really don't nderstand why everyone hates the jeep rake. It's so you can load up the back.... I just dont get it....

#2 Yes they have a great shock....

I went TF because of the great customer service. I haven't tried the others. Don't see why i need to.. Good luck on which ever you choose...

Quick Reply: OME 2" vs Teraflex 2.5 kit?