Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" vs Teraflex 2.5 kit?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OME 2" vs Teraflex 2.5 kit?

as i try to get smarter about lift kits and such, it seems like the OME kit is shocks and springs, vs the teraflex which is spacers and coils..
i assume the extra money for the OME kit is a better smarter buy?

by the way, if and when i get a lift kit, does anyone wanna help me install it? i live in rockville maryland..(i'll supply the BEvERages)..

i cant bring myself to bring it to a garage to install(i really wanna do myself) but would rather have someone who knows what their doing..

Old 08-17-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the OME lift and it is a great lift. TeraFlex also has 2.5 coil lifts out. Check here: TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Kits and Coils
Old 08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

I have the TF spring/shock 2.5 and it's great also. Rides like stock and in some cases I would say better than stock.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

gotcha..but what about the shocks that come with the OME kits i've seen? or is that just what ya get for the extra cost of the OME kit vs the treaflex? how hare was the OME?
Old 08-17-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex also has a 2.5 spring kit,I have had no experience with OME products but can say I have alot of Teraflex components(and more on the way)and Teraflex customer service and product support is the best I have ever seen.Apart from some issues with very early production components(which teraflex has corrected and totally made good with affected customers)My Teraflex spring kit and control arms are 1st rate and has stood up extremely well to lots of miles and hard play.Absolutely no regrets with choosing Teraflex
Old 08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

stevedolce - I’m sure you are going to see good comments from both the OME and TeraFlex lift kit owners.

I picked the TeraFlex 2.5” Spring Lift because I wanted the “extras” and wanted to keep my stock Rubicon shocks. I also really like the outstanding vendor (TeraFlex) support you get here on the board - responding here at all hours and days, supplying additional parts, providing guidance, etc.

I really like the TeraFlex 2.5” Spring Lift. As I indicated, I got the kit that allowed me to keep my shocks, but they sell a kit that has no shocks (you purchase whatever ones you like), or the TeraFlex shocks. They also have 3 BB kits. There are a lot of write-ups on the TeraFlex kits - just search on TeraFlex.

Again, as I said you’ll get positive comments from both OME and TeraFlex.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Like I said I have the OME lift w/ shocks and really like it. It rides better than stock. Had TearFlex had their 2.5 coil lift out when I bought mine I would have probably purchased theirs. As previously said TeraFlex is a top notch company with super customer service.

As far as installing your lift there are some great write ups here: WRITE-UP INDEX: The Quintessential Source for Do it Yourself Write-Ups
Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Do i want to stay away from things like spacers and pay the extra bucks for bigger springs? i have a base X, so i don't thing the shocks are worth keeping..
Old 08-17-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

There is nothing wrong with the spacer lifts, but the coil lifts allow for better articulation on the trails. A lot of people have the spacer lifts and are very happy with them either using the shock extenders or getting new shocks.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was torn between the OME and the (new) Teraflex 2.5 kit w/4 springs and shocks. I decided to wait until the teraflex kit came out and finally decided on it. I can honestly say I can not be any happier. The ride is as good as stock, if not better. I say that because I cant tell the lift is there. I did the install myself, but I have had 3 other jeeps and always did my own work. The JK is, in my opinion, alot easier to work on. The OME kit seems to be a great kit, and everyone who has it would probably tell you the same thing, that they are totally satisfied. I chose Teraflex, mainly because of the super support from the manufacturer and that this kit had what I was looking for in a lift. I am totally satisfied with Teraflex! The kit I have is part#1251000

Last edited by Hellbilly; 08-17-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: OME 2" vs Teraflex 2.5 kit?