Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" suspention lift

Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 35's and a OME HD 2.5 and have no rubbing on roads but when I go off there is a tad on the flairs. Just barely though so I don't care. Give me an excuse to change to flats if need be sometime. No extra installed other then my winch and a few other items. Still ride high and I love it. I love OME. This is my second vehicle with it and I don't see going to another brand.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you need to worry about axle angles and that? I'm looking at getting this lift or one smilier I don't use it to rock crawl. I'm more of a mud,hunt ,and wood trail kind of guy. in other words can I just slap this on and be good to go or will I need to change things out later on. By the way I plan on running 33s this is my daily driver
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Smae lift

Originally Posted by big c
Do you need to worry about axle angles and that? I'm looking at getting this lift or one smilier I don't use it to rock crawl. I'm more of a mud,hunt ,and wood trail kind of guy. in other words can I just slap this on and be good to go or will I need to change things out later on. By the way I plan on running 33s this is my daily driver
2007 JK running the same lift 30,000 + miles. Love it. Kit had springs,shocks,rear track bar relocation brackett.
Re-center the steering wheel

JK has winch and front bumper added.
BFG 315/70 r17. Nothing else required....
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like mentioned the HD springs net a lift at or over 3 inches. You'll need a lot more parts such as track bars and maybe a driveshaft and LCAs. I went with light/medium load and only got adjustable LCAs. Over 50k miles and no issues. Some guys get track bars but IMO u don't need them.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OME makes a great kit. I bought the Northridge OME HD kit with the adjustable track bars and also added Currie end-links. I measured the ride height before and after. In reality, the OME HD kit netted 3.5" lift.

50,000 miles later the OME is still performing well. On-road manners are great (better than stock). Off-road it performs well. It's a bit rough on washboard roads, but handles rock crawling and ruts well. I was having a bit of rubbing issues with 35" tires, but now have flat fenders + trimmed the rear pinch seams. That alleviated any rub I previously had.

In short, for $1100 total..... it's an awesome kit.

Quick Reply: OME 2" suspention lift