Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" suspention lift

Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME 2" suspention lift

Hey guys, new to all this. Just reaching out for a little help with the OME 2" lift. It only comes with shocks and springs. So I was curious if I needed to go further, such as control arms or anything else I should adjust or extend. I don't want to put any undue stress on the jeep from the lift. Also curious if I should go with the HD or light duty. I do plan on bumpers and a winch possibly. Thanks guys.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Northridge4x4 has a nice OME kit, comes with lift & adjustable JKS trackbars. Another good part to add is some JKS disconnects. Since you plan on bumpers and winch, defiantly get the HD springs.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
Northridge4x4 has a nice OME kit, comes with lift & adjustable JKS trackbars. Another good part to add is some JKS disconnects. Since you plan on bumpers and winch, defiantly get the HD springs.
Nice ill check that out. HD it is thanks for the help!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the OME hd lift and really like it. I installed front lower control arms and adjustable track bars with it, felt they were necessary items.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ScottW
I have the OME hd lift and really like it. I installed front lower control arms and adjustable track bars with it, felt they were necessary items.
Sweet , that's almost exactly what my jeep looks like haha, I have the khaki top. What did the control arms and track bars run if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I ran the OME 2" HD Coils and Shocks. They worked very well with some sway bar disconnects and a 32" tire. Once I steeped it up to 35s I had a good amount of rubbing which cause me to extend the bump stops and then upgrade the shocks. Adjustable trackbars are a good idea and one of the first additions to the lift I got.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GreenEmmy
Hey guys, new to all this. Just reaching out for a little help with the OME 2" lift. It only comes with shocks and springs. So I was curious if I needed to go further, such as control arms or anything else I should adjust or extend. I don't want to put any undue stress on the jeep from the lift. Also curious if I should go with the HD or light duty. I do plan on bumpers and a winch possibly. Thanks guys.
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your lift.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys, I think Im gonna be staying with these 33s I have. At least for a while. So I think the OME HD will be perfect for me. Ill only be able to run the shocks and springs that is comes with for a while. I have a TF leveling kit and it came with longer front control arms so I think thatll help a little. Yall think Ill be good running that with out any other hardwear? At least for a bit.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with Teraflex lower control arms and monster front track bar. I used a JKS rear track bar.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Overall same OME here. The HD springs gain you a bit more than 2". Even after I swapped bumpers it still sits well.
Trackbars as everyone suggested are a good idea, I mean if youre in there doing the lift, you may as well get it all done. The only thing I added beyond that was the OME stabilizer with the relocation bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0043sized.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	388828

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: OME 2" suspention lift