Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" lift or Rough Country 2.5"?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my RC 2.5" Coil Lift for a year no problem's with it. For me the ride is better than stock.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Offroad3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	310416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Offroad4.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	310418  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a RC BB 2.5" for a year, It was great, fit my 35's (with some trimming) and just worked for me. Then I found a deal on the OME long travel lift (with LCA's track bars Front and Rear). The Jeep is night and day, down the road it feels stock again and has even more flex. When people say wait to spend the money on the right lift I mostly agree. But I needed 2.5" to fit my tires, and this BB was perfect for what I needed at the time.

And my NR Long travel HD OME rides like a BMX bike, I feel every bump, But it's a jeep.

Not trying to sway you, just tell you my story.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Quentin_T
I ran a RC BB 2.5" for a year, It was great, fit my 35's (with some trimming) and just worked for me. Then I found a deal on the OME long travel lift (with LCA's track bars Front and Rear). The Jeep is night and day, down the road it feels stock again and has even more flex. When people say wait to spend the money on the right lift I mostly agree. But I needed 2.5" to fit my tires, and this BB was perfect for what I needed at the time.

And my NR Long travel HD OME rides like a BMX bike, I feel every bump, But it's a jeep.

Not trying to sway you, just tell you my story.
I would expect these results since you're comparing a BB and a coil lift. Also shock compressed/extended lengths make a big difference too.

I vote for the RC lift as they are a good company and as you said half the cost.

Note: Get the RC shocks and springs. not the one with the shock extensions.

Last edited by sachem87184; 04-29-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TONKA TOY
The OME HD is only needed if u are adding weight to your jeep. It would ride rough without the weight. I love my OME lift but get the right one if that is your choice. I have no input on the other lift.
X2. I have the OME HD lift with the intent of addind bumpers and a winch later but right now it's stock and the ride is very rough. She kicks like a mule off road if driving with any speed. Overall Quality and tracking on highway is still great though.

Recommend the medium or light duty setup if your not planning to add weight.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really appreciate the great feedback. I've been reading around and other people mention that these kits don't come with control arms and should be added?
I'm an average mechanic and only owned YJ's before this 2 year old JK and I don't know anything about what these control arms are with front lowers, rear uppers? Lol.
Any of you guys installed anything else with the lift kit?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SpoonJK
Really appreciate the great feedback. I've been reading around and other people mention that these kits don't come with control arms and should be added?
I'm an average mechanic and only owned YJ's before this 2 year old JK and I don't know anything about what these control arms are with front lowers, rear uppers? Lol.
Control arms aren't a necessity, they help with the flighty feeling when you lift your jeep while traveling at highway speeds, I didnt add them with my ome kit, I may a sometime but not too worried about it
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpoonJK
I don't have control arms installed and am happy with the ride. Lower fronts would be ideal but not sure they're worth the extra cost. It isn't as "stable" as the stock ride without them but it's fine all the way up to 80mph.

Quick Reply: OME 2" lift or Rough Country 2.5"?