Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OME 2" Lift Kit Help

Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OME 2" Lift Kit Help

I've decided I'm going to upgrade my suspension to the OME Heavy Duty 2" kit and currently am running the Teraflex Performance leveling kit. The OME only comes with shocks and springs, I was wondering if anyone who is running this set up can tell me what else, if anything, I should be getting to complete the lift. Also, plan on buying teraflex speedbumps so bumpstops aren't really a concern because it'll be a temporary issue
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

depending on how much actual lift you get you may need a rear track bar relocation bracket and an adjustable front track bar. Might need longer rear swaybar links and may longer fronts depending on whether or not the ones in the TF kit are long enough.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might need some longer brake lines or brake line extensions as well. I'm not sure what all is included in your previous kit.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing.

Now, when I went to 37's........

I ran the kit with 35's without a problem and added extras as I thought I needed.

I did add; longer stabilizer bar links, Bilstein shocks, and bump stops before I moved up.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

How heavy is your jeep? With the OME 'Heavy' coils, you should probably expect 3-3.5" of lift, not 2"!! I got around 3.25" up front with a bumper/winch. Fairly popular coils, there are a lot of past threads to look through for more reviews and specs.

So, you will want to look at all of the components that people generally want for that lift height. (not necessarily buy, just research and price so you can decide). Caster correction, axle centering, roll center correction, bumpstops, brakelines/brackets, links to keep the swaybars level, an idea of what you want to do if/when the front driveshaft spits out all of its grease, maybe even read about draglink flips. Again, not must-haves, just things to keep in mind.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
How heavy is your jeep? With the OME 'Heavy' coils, you should probably expect 3-3.5" of lift, not 2"!! I got around 3.25" up front with a bumper/winch. Fairly popular coils, there are a lot of past threads to look through for more reviews and specs.

So, you will want to look at all of the components that people generally want for that lift height. (not necessarily buy, just research and price so you can decide). Caster correction, axle centering, roll center correction, bumpstops, brakelines/brackets, links to keep the swaybars level, an idea of what you want to do if/when the front driveshaft spits out all of its grease, maybe even read about draglink flips. Again, not must-haves, just things to keep in mind.
Right now I would say jeep is pretty heavy, only getting heavier. Steel bumper, winch, light bar, hi-lift jack mounted on hood, rocker guards, rear tire carrier and then roof rack to come. Figured heavy duty would be the right choice. Do you think I'll have to extend both front and rear brake lines or just front? Not trying to be a total pest, just trying to get everything squared away so I can more or less do this in one fell swoop
Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jeephippy
Not trying to be a total pest, just trying to ...
Lol, researching and asking 'before' you make the jump is the correct way to do it. Sure beats all the clueless "HELP!! What did I do?? How do I fix it??" posts.

I got a package deal from Northridge which included extended brakelines. Even with them, I tweaked a rear line off the frame. (Didn't break the line or rip completely off the frame, just bent the bracket itself down. Spent $10 at the hardware store and made drop brackets). So just a heads-up to check tightness and clearances 'before' you get back in the woods somewhere.

On another note, the front HD coils didn't sag a bit in the 6 years they were on. I was talked into MD rear coils (stock rear bumper, no extra weight), and those sagged quite a bit. Added spacers twice to keep the rear level with the front.

Also, watch for some of Mark Doirons (spelling?) posts. He is an overlander and could probably give you a bunch of good build advice.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

If you are going to spend lots of time off road spring retainers and bump stops are cheap but excellent additions, others wise great kit. Enjoy
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jeephippy
Right now I would say jeep is pretty heavy, only getting heavier. Steel bumper, winch, light bar, hi-lift jack mounted on hood, rocker guards, rear tire carrier and then roof rack to come. Figured heavy duty would be the right choice. Do you think I'll have to extend both front and rear brake lines or just front? Not trying to be a total pest, just trying to get everything squared away so I can more or less do this in one fell swoop
if it is a 2012 or newer you will not have to change your front brake lines as they are plenty long. You just need to pry the lines from the brackets and zip tie them to the shocks ala AEV (go to their webpage and pull up 2.5" install instructions) on your back you will need to add some relocation brackets like Tera Flex it is cheap and easy. I run a 2.5" RK lift with shocks that are 27.2" in front and 28.25" in back and brake lines have plenty of slack at full droop but it is a 2014 which is the same as 2012 on up.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but you will need longer sway bar links to return the sway bar to stock "parallel to the ground" position. I have been running this kit with the HD springs since 2010, no complaints. I did replace my front trackbar to recenter the jeep over the axel, the rear seems fine and I don't see any reason to mess with the rear TB. I also added AEV control arm relocation brackets and I think they improved the way the front end operates.

Quick Reply: OME 2" Lift Kit Help