Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ome 2" lift

Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ome 2" lift

i am thinking about the ome h/d 2" lift for my 4dr auto . will i need anything else ? or dose the kit come complete i would hate to get the kit and find out i need adj trk bars pitmin drop arm ect ect
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OME kit will work great all on its own. IMO to do it right you should get front and rear track bars to go along with it to recenter your axles. Call David at Northridge 4X4 and he will set you up well for what you need. He won't try to sell you something you don't need, and he also takes very good care of his customers, unlike many other parts places.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can run this kit as is, but its highley recomended that you get adustable front and rear trackbars. David at Northridge4x4 has got the package you should get http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=PKG-OME-JK.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I heard OME is really good i have BDS and im very happy with it
Old 01-29-2009, 04:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're not running much weight, you may wanna think about some control arms. The OME'll give you better'n three inches out of the box. On a 4 door, you won't need to worry about your drive shafts or skid. As I remember, my front really didn't change much, but the adjustable rear trackbar came in handy.

Oh yeah, don't go for a trackbar bracket, just put in an adjustable T/B
Old 01-29-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ome hd lift

I've been running the OME lift for 1 year now no issues. I am just now adding the front and rear track bars. I don't think it's a need to have but a nice to have.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey JMP8562. I'm have an auto Rubi JK & this is one of the kits I've been researching on here & listening to wisdom/experienced being kicked around here. Obviously search is your friend but hopefully some new info will arise in this thread.

What is the goal of your rig? DD? Lots of Flex on 35s? What aftermarket gear you gonna carry/run? (more weight- you already seem to have some!)

From what I've read & searched out in the forums & asked David @ Northridge, at an absolute minimum you'll want F&R adj trackbars. Northridge package deal addresses this.

Things that are too close for comfort from most people posting are the brake lines & the links (new rear, move rear to front); most people rec or have upgraded rather then suffer the consequences.

From there it depends on what coil kit you get & what weight you are actually carrying on your rig. Obviously if you have less weight then suggested by OME you'll get more lift but then you could run into shaft/boot issues.

I've read conflicting things on the need for control arms & flightiness. Anyone want to chime in? Are some people just more aware? or does it correlate to tire size? 33 vs 35?

People running 35's seem to install bumpstops & some use BLs for additional clearance.

Northridge also has an OME Long Travel kit listed in the vendor section that has the OME long travel shocks as well as addressing some of the other upgrades/issues (adj upper arms, brake lines, adj links, bumpstops). It seems like a solid way to go for 35s & greater travel. One JK member posted getting the lift but I haven't read follow-up yet.

I'm by no means an expert but I've just been trying to search it out because its definitely a possible choice for me....and its way too freakin cold out right now to put a lift on so I have the time!

If you're like me, you've probably been reading tons but just want some concrete/definitive answers...the hard part seems to be everyone's rigs/weights/etc differ just enough that absolutes are hard to come by

Last edited by m(a)ce; 01-29-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The standard kit does not require anything else.

If you are going with the HD kit I highly recommend the trackbars front and rear. With the standard shocks brakelines are not required but they are nice to have.

If you plan on wheeling it alot and want the most out of the kit the OME LT kit that we put together is the way to go.

David
Old 01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add a MORE 1" or RC 1.25" BL to the Northridge OME LT kit and wheel it! David has put together an awesome kit, kind of the same direction I took with mine.

Quick Reply: Ome 2" lift