Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic" Smuggler" feedback

Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olympic" Smuggler" feedback

Looking to hear from those who have the smuggler rear bumper both pros/cons as to Quality & durability. Am looking into either this or one similar that has a "Lift-swing" type feature for less effort (injury) when putting the spare back on. Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Also looking for real world info on the Olympic Rear Smuggler Bumper. I take it no one has taken the first plunge?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

This was the first bumper I looked at when I started my research into JKs. A lot of people commented that a "real man" wouldn't need a winch to lower their spare for them....but I can see the benefits. Im only 20 and already dealing with back problems. Anything that saves my back from doing any extra work is worth looking into in my opinion...

But I'm in the same boat as you guys...looking for peoples' opinions with actual experience with it
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally received mine the day before yesterday... I say finally because I ordered it in November! So far, I've only opened the box to check if it was all there, but it looks great. Once I get it painted to match my front bumper, I'll install it and throw up some pics.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok the bumper is installed. I posted a write-up on installation. You can follow the link to view a few pics of the bumper. I'll follow up after a few days with some pro's and con's.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...r-Installation
Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Foosh
Ok the bumper is installed. I posted a write-up on installation. You can follow the link to view a few pics of the bumper. I'll follow up after a few days with some pro's and con's.
Foosh,

Any pros and/or cons yet? I am waiting until 2012 Pentastar engine before actually getting my new Wrangler but when the time comes I will hopefully have made up my mind on a rear winch bumper.

Thanx

Last edited by Dreamer; 04-13-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Been quite awhile since my original post but about a year or so on another forum someone offered that this bumper (more than most) had big time rattle issue's. Due to the extra parts this kinda made sense. But I still haven't seen or come across anyone (with or without the winch) who has it on there rig to ask. I am still at least a year or two away from being able to afford any type of rear bumper/carrier. have pretty much decided that this won't be the one due not only the rattle possibilty but also there just too damn expensive.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Any problems with the bumber that u have noticed?

Quick Reply: Olympic" Smuggler" feedback