Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic Slider or Shrockworks Slider. Need help?

Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Buddy I am sooo busy... but that's no excuse for not returning your call, I must have missed it.

School's good, I'm playing lacrosse, doing ROTC, pledging for a fraternity, and double majoring, so probably won't have much time to wheel...

I will see you at the Roktoberfest though...
Rocktoberfest......BEER and more BEER.....Did I ever say I like BEER? BEER.

See ya there Buddy. Tell me about being busy its like Iam single never see the wife anymore homework and school runs her whole life.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

The Shrockworks rock sliders are very heavy duty and can take a beating. I don't think you can go wrong with this choice but you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

I have the shrockworks and they are very rugged, bolted to the frame (bottom and side). You can jack the side of the Jeep, both wheels off ground and the sliders dont budge. In my opinion you can't go wrong with them. Can't speak about the Olympic. Justr know the Shrowckworks are pretty tough.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the olympic x-treme double sliders, they protect the body good but the finish on them sucks, had them about 12 months and they are very rusty.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

I would consider the Shrockworks, LoD, or ARB sliders if you are looking for good frame mounted sliders. JMO.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nangulator
I have the olympic x-treme double sliders, they protect the body good but the finish on them sucks, had them about 12 months and they are very rusty.
Thanks good to know.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I helped install a set of Shrocks and they are some heavy duty quality sliders. Also have seen them in action, much stronger than factory rails. Don't know about the Olympics, never seen them in person.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the shrockworks sliders, and they are very strong, no issues with rock crawling in Moab or here in CO.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

We have installed a lot of the sliders out there and I have tested the Shrockworks Sliders on the trails and they WORK GREAT...put a little black sand paper tape on them and they make a good step

I am a Stocking dealer for Shrockworks and I have the 4-door sliders in stock now.

Shot me a ZIP and I will send you a quote on shipping.

Sean
Old 09-22-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Default Oh yea...

Originally Posted by nangulator
I didnt want to forget about that either...the finish on the Olympics is shitty. Mine do have rust and bubbling powder coating as well but have been running them for over 2 years. They are stout but are going to need refinished soon....

Quick Reply: Olympic Slider or Shrockworks Slider. Need help?