Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

olympic front bumper help

Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default olympic front bumper help

i am installing a new olympic single hoop front bumper. I installed the winch plate and winch then put the fog lights on to the bumper. When I tried to set the bumper in place the fog lights hit on the wich (sb xrc-10). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or has anyone else had this problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ledcubbie
i am installing a new olympic single hoop front bumper. I installed the winch plate and winch then put the fog lights on to the bumper. When I tried to set the bumper in place the fog lights hit on the wich (sb xrc-10). Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or has anyone else had this problem.
Please help
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if any on here have that bumper, could you take a pic of what's going on where?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Ahh, just looked up the bumper, fogs won't work with winch installed, they said they'd send hole covers on request.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

From Olympic

272 - Cobra Front Bumper
Engineered to easily bolt on. Cobra’s unique style tubes bending with traditional top center provides a clean front end and grill protection, includes mounting positions for O.E.M. auxiliary lights or Olympics’ winch mount #507-174. (Auxiliary lights won’t fit once winch is installed. Olympic will provide, free of charge, lens covers for the holes.) You can install other manufacturer’s top frame winch mounts. Manufactured from 2” round heavy wall steel tubing, provides protection between your Jeep and any obstacle you come up against. For extreme grill front end protection and style you can add a 264-Front Bumper Bar, sold separately. Cobra is available in three powder coated finishes
Old 09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Depending on the bumper - you likely can't use the fogs. I had to take mine out when I installed the winch. No issue really just get some aftermarket 55watt lights and install them to the factory wiring.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default fogs

I have the Olympic stubby rescue bumper which has the fog light cut-outs and won't fit factory fogs, Olympic supposedly was developing an adapter so that you could use the stock fogs, but now I see in Olympic ads that the same bumper I have does not come with fog light cut outs anymore. So buyer beware of false promises, if you aren't happy with your bumper or it did not fit or accept accessories as advertised, return it as soon as possible.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default Pics?

For those of you that added lights, can you post pics? where did you install them?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

As you've figured out you can't use the fog cut outs if you're installing a winch. They state that on their web site. I realized it after installing the bumper then deciding to add the winch. You can add fogs anywhere on the bumper tubes you like by drilling through. I opted for clamping the lights on so i didn't have to drill through the tubes and open them up to water.

Quick Reply: olympic front bumper help