Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic Dave's Rack for JK

Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So looking at the pictures how exactly do you install the corner without drilling?

I think there are better racks out there than that one.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea after seeing the side slide off like that as much as it is cool totally lost me and looks WAY to flimsy for spending 1200 + shipping i would look at the wild boar ones
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks way to restrictive and awnings are cheap and easy, I'll take the MBRP anyway !!

JIMBO
Old 06-30-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This seems like a MUCH more sturdy product.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&p...0717&make=Jeep
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heh Heh, yea MUCH sturdier, They liked the looks of their rack on my JK, they put the picture of my JK, on the website !!!

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
This seems like a MUCH more sturdy product.

http://www.mbrp.com/?page=products&p...0717&make=Jeep
JIMBO
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JIMBOX
Heh Heh, yea MUCH sturdier, They liked the looks of their rack on my JK, they put the picture of my JK, on the website !!!

JIMBO
So that's yours with the rack on it? How do you like it?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yo redneck, I am really happy I ordered it in Dec '08 and it's multiuse on my JK, is hard to beat

I don't plan on removing the hardtop very often, course then you wouldn't have the rack, but

I didn't want those spindly tubes sticking all around my jeep and you have to, accept that if you want to be able to tilt the rack, for use of your jeep with out the top

Nothing is perfect, although my wife and I did
"LIFT" the top after I installed the rack, so removal of the hardtop is EASY

I have a new place in Nevada, that has a HUGE garage, so i'll rig a hoist for my short removal times, in the near future

I'm not committed to the new additions MBRP is adding to this rack, I'm satisfied with it, just the way it is !!

JIMBO
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hate all these drilled rear quarter panel installs. There's no way that can take the load and vibration over time without weakening and eventual failure.

I've seen other rack brands (that will remain nameless) with drilled rear quarter panels cause that vertical seem on the quarter panel to crack and flake paint. There's no way I will ever install a rack mounted like that.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

jsmoriss has a pretty slick rack and canopy setup. Look him up and check with him. Garvin rack with canopy brand I can't remember.

Post # 115 : https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=13393&page=12

Last edited by JUSTIN01; 07-06-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jeepin_D
I hate all these drilled rear quarter panel installs. There's no way that can take the load and vibration over time without weakening and eventual failure.

I've seen other rack brands (that will remain nameless) with drilled rear quarter panels cause that vertical seem on the quarter panel to crack and flake paint. There's no way I will ever install a rack mounted like that.
That's not the loading point at ALL. Look real close at the design. It has reinforcing braces that bolt to the inside and distribute the load to the tub. THAT'S what holds the rack up. There's no load on the sides of the top at ALL. At least that's how the MBRP is.

Quick Reply: Olympic Dave's Rack for JK