Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olympic 4x4 Safari Mirrors...Anyone tried these??

Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yessamskates
I'm using them right now. Anything above 20 mph or so the mirror shakes and you can see something behind you but can't tell what it is. They don't make any noise. And are pretty secure. I can tighten the bolt down a little more if I need to. They are great for keeping you legal but aren't great for visibility.
I hope that helps.
You're using mine right now hahaha.

I don't run them since I'm a fan of half doors.

Basically they are a way to keep you street legal. Due to the little wondering and vibe I would still give an extra look when changing lanes. I like this option more aesthetically then mirror relocation brakets.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
What size is the torx bolt on the a pillar where you mount the RR mirrors?
I believe its T40
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use these when the doors are off... Like everyone says though, they do shake pretty bad all the time at any speed. They are however useable and make you legal. Not worthless, but I'd look at other options
Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MotiCross
The RR are actually on sale right now. Just thought i'd share the link since we are on the subject.

Rugged Ridge Quick Release Mirrors, Black Powder Coat, Pair (Both Sides) 11025.10
Just ordered these from Morris...$10.00 for shipping is a bitch but I guess it evens out with the $10.00 off
Can't wait to get them and take those doors off

Quick Reply: Olympic 4x4 Safari Mirrors...Anyone tried these??