Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Olmpic winch mount

Old 12-23-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olmpic winch mount

Do you think that this could be used with a stock bumper. I saw it on the quadratec site.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ha ha ha, thats awesome I was just checking out the same thing. My conclusion...absolutely. I'll be ordering mine up right after Christmas here to install the winch on stock bumper....there are a few other threads on here with different methods but good outcomes...looks like we'll just have to do a little stock bumper trimming to get 'er all to fit....in a few weeks I'll do the install and if your curious I'll let you know how mine turned out
Old 12-24-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think someone at Olympic has been watching this forum. But $130 dollars seems a bit high for that. I'm thinking $80 seems about right

Woods, any help here?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, to help you out Goldt8, I just got the mount in the mail today...it is REALLY well made, sturdy and designed perfectly to fit inbetween the two front horns...has an outstanding finsih on it that I expect will long outlast the Jeep....but to get to your question, can it be used to mount a winch utilizing the stock bumper? ...with some extreme cutting of the metal inner portion of our bumpers YES. But I'm talking LOTS of cutting, I don't have pics yet...but if your still interested i can get some on here for ya...turns out not only are you cutting a hole for the fairlead, but also have to snip out the top bit for the winch to clear, and the bottum to clear the bottum of the mount
I think if your planning in the future to utilize one of Olympics bumpers than this is a great purchase...I plan on getting the Olympic Cobra bumper sometime later this year...just not now...and I could really use a winch now...so this is the compramise for now.

Quick Reply: Olmpic winch mount