Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Older Bumpers on Newer JK

Old 04-10-2016, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older Bumpers on Newer JK

I am guessing I already know the answer and I'm guessing it's bad news but I thought I would look for some outside advice before I attempt it...
I had a '77 CJ-5 project that I have sold due to downsizing the garage and still have some of the new parts I purchased for it. Now I have an '11 JK that I would like to use some of the old (new) parts if possible.
I have the Rock Hard RH4010 front bumper and XHD 11546.10 rear bumper. Both are meant for '76 to '06 models and of course I am wanting to put these on my '11 JK instead of buying them again for the JK.
Does anyone have any tips on if it is a good idea to even attempt this or not? Is it close enough that I can just drill a couple of extra holes or is it too much difference to even mess with?

I'm new to the forum and from Tulsa, OK. Been reading posts on all kinds of topics and really enjoy the community here. Thanks for any advice and looking forward to meeting some new folks!!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got a friend who cut up his front end and made a YJ (86-06) bumper work, so it can be done. The question is- how much cutting do you want to do?
Old 04-10-2016, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that answers that I suppose. I'd really rather not cut, weld or chop anything on this one.

Thanks for the info. I guess my next stop is the buy, sell, trade section of the forum.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Older Bumpers on Newer JK