Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Teraflex 2.5 in. coil lift on new 2012 2dr sport

Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Teraflex 2.5 in. coil lift on new 2012 2dr sport

Hello All,

I saw on Teraflex's site that the 2.5 in lift needs to have some spacers for the exhaust due to repositioning of the middle exhaust thingy on 2012 jeeps. Anyone know if a 2010 (when i bought it) version of this lift would work with the exhaust spacers you can buy from Teraflex?

Also has anyone ever taken this kit off without jacking up both sides of the jeep? I have put it on and taken it off myself twice but would like to find an easier way to do it as my tool selection and work area sucks. I read somewhere that someone just jacked up one corner at a time and let the wheel weight pull the axle down enough to get the spring out but I cant find that post.

Rant On:

Also why cant I find a jeep at the dealer that doesn't have a bunch of useless options added in to jack up the price. ALSO chrome on the inside dash area?? That's gonna be a treat in central Texas in mid summer. Drove a vibe that had chrome accents and when the sun hits it there is like 20 little suns beaming you in the eyes. God I hate chrome. OK, i feel better now.

Rant Off:

Anyways, any info would be appreciated.

Thank You Kindly,
Joejoebean
Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

You while be fine running your lift with some exhaust spacers. And I feel you about the chrome. I can't stand it. It's ugly an impossible to keep clean.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Some say exhaust spacers others say drive shaft upgrade and others say a new Y pipe. Depends on what you want to spend. I just got the spacers since they were only $45 and will be putting them on this Friday, with lift of course.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

ooo let me know how they work out.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Spacers worked good. You will need a chisel or cutting torch to take off a tack weld. Other than that it was pretty easy.

Quick Reply: Old Teraflex 2.5 in. coil lift on new 2012 2dr sport