Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Man Emu vs Mopar 2'' lift kit

Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatorframer
I don't own a Jeep - yet - but was wondering the legalites behind the whole warrantee issues. Good stuff. I think you guys over shot the real question: If you add a performance inhancing item, in this case a lift, will it effect the vehicle's warrantee. The VEHICLE'S warrantee not the part being installed.
Yea! I said Performance Inhancing - sounds like a drug. I think it is!
Scroll back to posts 8 and 9 in this thread. Those are excerpts direct from the info Mopar puts out...

You buy a mopar lift. The dealer installs it. From the new angles, the boot on the driveshaft looses all its grease and fails. You happen to be on the freeway at the time - this takes out not only the driveshaft, but the transfer case and the gears. The lift is fine, no damage to it whatsoever. But who pays for the new driveshaft, tcase and axle???

Make your own opinion on aftermarket parts and warranties. (A 'dealership' may warranty, but we have seen absolutely nothing to contradict the excerpts in those two posts indicating that Mopar will.)

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-08-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my OME lift ride is great I got the 618\619 with LT shocks and it got me about 3.5 inches but once you put bumpers and stuff on it will come down to about 2-2.5
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by h1ker
I love my OME lift ride is great I got the 618\619 with LT shocks and it got me about 3.5 inches but once you put bumpers and stuff on it will come down to about 2-2.5
You think so? I doubt you'll lose 1/4" off those coils. (With a full width RR XHD and a warn 9.5 with steel wire, I was sitting at 3.25"). No chance whatsoever of you losing 1.5"...
Old 12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You think so? I doubt you'll lose 1/4" off those coils. (With a full width RR XHD and a warn 9.5 with steel wire, I was sitting at 3.25"). No chance whatsoever of you losing 1.5"...
we will see in about a month ill reply to this thread and let you know thats what I was told would happen
Old 12-03-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Gatorframer
I think you guys over shot the real question: If you add a performance inhancing item, in this case a lift, will it effect the vehicle's warrantee. The VEHICLE'S warrantee not the part being installed.
You need to reread the posts. That was the whole point...any aftermarket part (regardless of what it is or who it came from) has the possibility of voiding the Chrysler warranty. If it didn't come with the Jeep from the factory, Chrysler may deny warranty work. Now, with that said, Chrysler is supposed to prove the aftermarket part caused the damage to the OEM part(s) for which you have made a warranty claim (in a nutshell, that is the premise behind the Mag.-Moss Act.) So the answer to your question is yes, ENhancing your Jeep with performance parts can void your manufacturer warranty.

Quick Reply: Old Man Emu vs Mopar 2'' lift kit