Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Man Emu vs Mopar 2'' lift kit

Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if the only dealership that will cover it under warranty is the one that installed it, that is better than none covering it.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by stolls
Even if the only dealership that will cover it under warranty is the one that installed it, that is better than none covering it.
Or pay a third the price for the exact same lift, and spend the extra money on other goodies?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

we take care of our customers Nice!!!!! The smartest thing a buisness owner can do.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any we will warranty paperwork on this? Or is it just cause we say so?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Kawasakirider47
Sorry quick to speak. But yes he did say that. I'll get it in writing if you guys are that hardcore about it
Oops , didn't catch that before last post. We'll be waiting....
Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
mjm
JK Enthusiast

What? Sorry that didn't make any sense to me. Basically buy a jeep from our dealership and get the stuff done there we will take care of you. That's out stance on it
This is what my dealer told me... They ordered my Teraflex kit and installed it. They have a relationship with our local 4Wheelparts and get stuff through them. They had my kit in about two days. I’m sure each Dealer is a little different. I live in Denver so lifted JK’s are the norm…
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

What? Sorry that didn't make any sense to me. Basically buy a jeep from our dealership and get the stuff done there we will take care of you. That's out stance on it
What I was referring to was the in writing part. Is your stance in writing that you give to customers just as you would give the other legal documentation/warranty info that comes with the purchase of a new jeep?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

No worries, it's just that there is a rather large difference between this:

Well with Mopar lift it will deffintley be under warranty no matter where you go,

And this:
Basically buy a jeep from our dealership and get the stuff done there we will take care of you. That's out stance on it
One is a national MFG's warranty, the other is a specific dealerships warranty. Very different animals...
Old 12-03-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sweet

I don't own a Jeep - yet - but was wondering the legalites behind the whole warrantee issues. Good stuff. I think you guys over shot the real question: If you add a performance inhancing item, in this case a lift, will it effect the vehicle's warrantee. The VEHICLE'S warrantee not the part being installed.
Yea! I said Performance Inhancing - sounds like a drug. I think it is!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Sorry jumped the gun on that were the only jeep dealer around so I'm only used to our warranties and didn't know about yalls bad expernices.

I just spoke to my dad and he laughed and said he had no problem typing out dealerships lift stance. But give a couple days on it
Um, so he's just gonna type it for us, or is this what he gives to his customers when they get a lift?

Quick Reply: Old Man Emu vs Mopar 2'' lift kit