Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Man Emu 4inch?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used them all they do is open a small half circle on the square hole. It was a pain in the ass to drill all 8 of the out to make the bolt fit but that's only because I used a small dremal and it wasn't adequate. I love the ride and haven't had any issues. I wish I would have taken pics to share but I was to busy grinding lol
Interesting I was under the impression for some reason no cutting or drilling would be required . I am going to go check them out right now. I guess with no cutting or drilling they would just be a normal bolt
Old 06-11-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

Interesting I was under the impression for some reason no cutting or drilling would be required . I am going to go check them out right now. I guess with no cutting or drilling they would just be a normal bolt
Yeah not much cutting at all if you have a good cutter it will be easy. It's minimal.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

WOL- Thanks for clearing that explanation up for me. I took a shot in the dark with google search. From your interpretation of it, and from Chaz's explanation of his install, it's essentially a cam bolt. Just the cutting alone would most likely prevent me from doing adjustable LCA's in the future with that lift...

Chaz- Any way to take a pic of how it looks now?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Here is some pictures of them .

They are more a cam spacer the bolt is not adjustable just a standard bolt all your doing is changing the spot the bolt is in the bracket. Adjustable lower control arms would be best of course.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ome1.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	327965   Click image for larger version

Name:	ome2.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	327966  
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksuferrara
WOL- Thanks for clearing that explanation up for me. I took a shot in the dark with google search. From your interpretation of it, and from Chaz's explanation of his install, it's essentially a cam bolt. Just the cutting alone would most likely prevent me from doing adjustable LCA's in the future with that lift...

Yeah I will take them once I get out to my Jeep
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is some pictures of them .

They are more a cam spacer the bolt is not adjustable just a standard bolt all your doing is changing the spot the bolt is in the bracket. Adjustable lower control arms would be best of course.
Once those are placed in the hole it leaves a small portion of the mount showing. That is what you trim off
Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

And Yes I would agree if you ever are going to get front lowers I would not install these.

David

Chaz,

How does it drive?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

And Yes I would agree if you ever are going to get front lowers I would not install these.

David

Chaz,

How does it drive?
Like a champ. Took a 5 hour drive down to the gulf of Mexico with it and it is awesome. Rides better than stock IMHO
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ksuferrara

Here you go. Hopefully you will get the idea
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3834769012.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	328001   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-80550695.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	328002  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie