Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Man Emu 4inch?

Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
that is what I read too, but I could be reading too much into it. I would really like to see and hear how these work...
Originally Posted by chaz14_9
Installed the OME 4 inch full suspension lift that I won from Northridge4x4. Couldn't be happier with the ride and height of it. So smooth. I highly recommend it
I am curious as well. You could PM chaz14_9, he just recently installed that lift kit...Hopefully he reads this thread and chimes in....
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 PM
JK Newbie

OME LT Kit from Northridge, very nice lift, very nice ride
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	327882
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5286.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	327883
Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

I am leaning towards this kit right now but WOL's idea of the 3" coils isn't bad and the new EVO coilover is worth looking at. I'm trying to keep it simple though and this might be the best way.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creepbam
OME LT Kit from Northridge, very nice lift, very nice ride
Attachment 327882
Attachment 327883
So did you use the cam bolt things? Any photos of them? I am really chomping at the bit to see what they look like.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuferrara
With the way those washers work, would it be possible to run it with the washers and if i decide its not working for me install adjustable LCA's?
if they are in fact cam bolts and really, i don't know how they could be anything but, no.

Originally Posted by aldaman
Based on Dave's explanation, it seems the new design of the offset washers/cams doesn't require the need to knock off the tabs of the control arm mounts. So you could later on decide to change it out and install the adjustable CAs...
dave didn't explain anything, he just said "they are like cam bolts but not. You use these without drilling out anything on your factory control arms." cam bolts DO NOT require any drilling let alone on the factory control arms, they require you to cut out the tabs on your factory control arm mounts on the axle making the square hole into slots. this allow you to slide and shift your axle's position to give you a bit more positive caster. while it works, it's far from the best solution and i would NOT recommend that you use them. if these really aren't cam bolts, i would love to see what they are and exactly how they work.

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-11-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Ninja Bolts!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

found this explanation...

"No real world experience with them but they're not cam bolts they're just normal bolts with offset washers/plate type thing. They work like a cam bolt but without the adjustment possibility so no slipping.
If they fail to properly locate the axle it will be because the bracket has been bent or damaged in some way.
I doubt that during articulation the bracket will twist enough to cause the offset plate/washer to pop out of the factory axle ridges with the amount of articulation this kit provides."

"So how do these offset washers work? Do you have to slot the holes in your factory braketry?"

"Yep, you push out the tab on the rear section so you can push the axle forward to increase caster to a set point.
There's no adjustment other than More caster or Less caster.
Not the first product like this. There's a few other companies which sell "cam lock out" plates (or similar naming anyway)."

not much detail to it, but thats all i could find, and i cant seem to find a copy of the instructions.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ksuferrara, i know you found this somewhere else but, i would like to address what is being said here.

No real world experience with them but they're not cam bolts they're just normal bolts with offset washers/plate type thing. They work like a cam bolt but without the adjustment possibility so no slipping.
unless i'm missing something, that's what a cam bolt is. it's a bolt with an offset washer and unless you knock out the control arm mount tabs making the square holes into slots, you would not have any slipping as NO adjustment is possible.

If they fail to properly locate the axle it will be because the bracket has been bent or damaged in some way.
i would like to see proof that anything has been located at all without notching out the factory control arm mounts on the axle.

I doubt that during articulation the bracket will twist enough to cause the offset plate/washer to pop out of the factory axle ridges with the amount of articulation this kit provides.
if the control arm mount holes have NOT been notched out, the bolts will not have any ability to work themselves loose. of course, if you don't do this step, you will NOT be able to adjust anything. IF you install cam bolts correctly, the slots will allow the bolts more opportunities to loosen up and once they do, the washers can slip past the indexing and allow your axle to shift around. i don't have to doubt this because i have seen it happen time and time again over the years. but hey, what do i know.

"So how do these offset washers work? Do you have to slot the holes in your factory braketry?"

"Yep, you push out the tab on the rear section so you can push the axle forward to increase caster to a set point.
There's no adjustment other than More caster or Less caster.
Not the first product like this. There's a few other companies which sell "cam lock out" plates (or similar naming anyway)."
exactly! in order to make these work, you NEED to slot the holes and this is the problem. clearly, there are people saying that these new ninja bolt being exist and really, who am i to say they don't. i will say however, if they do, i would love to see it and see how it works.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope to find some time to look at these this week and will post some pictures.

David
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aldaman

I am curious as well. You could PM chaz14_9, he just recently installed that lift kit...Hopefully he reads this thread and chimes in....
I used them all they do is open a small half circle on the square hole. It was a pain in the ass to drill all 8 of the out to make the bolt fit but that's only because I used a small dremal and it wasn't adequate. I love the ride and haven't had any issues. I wish I would have taken pics to share but I was to busy grinding lol

Quick Reply: Old Man Emu 4inch?