Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Old Mam Emu Lift Question

Old 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Mam Emu Lift Question

Hey Guys,

I just ordered my 2.5 Lift ARB Old Mam Emu lift, light duty. I do not plan on to do crazy wheeling but will definitely dabble. I just ordered Wheels and Tires (18" Rockstars, 35" Trail Grapplers M/T). I planned on purchasing the new TeraFlex tire carrier due later this month. Did I make the mistake in ordering the light duty OME? Should I switch the springs out for Medium or Heavy Duty? Due to weight, should my front shocks be light or medium and the rear be HD? (Dont plan on adding anything to the front of the bumper) I want the vehicle to drive smooth on the highway and city well being level.

Thanks for any and all help!!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Default odds are

you don't plan on doing anything now but you will a winch an winch bumper will add serious weight check out my other posts . i went with the heavy duty all around and i have no mods in the rear it is fine.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I run the HD coils and would have liked to run Medium or Light coils in the rear until I get my rear bumper. Reason being is I do not have an aftermarket rear bumper and run a light setup over the rear axle. The HD spring is just a bit too stiff for my preference on and off the road with my current weight. On road it bucks over bumps and doesn't compress enough. Off road, when going down hill my rig will lift a rear wheel once the ground becomes very uneven. Notice in the picture of "Pucker Hill" on Cleghorn, CA.

The front of my jeep has a very heavy bumper/winch combo and the HD springs are prefect up there. I just bought a Rock Hard bumper/tire carrier, so I'm hoping the weight will smooth the ride out for the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3Wheelin.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	300511
Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Bump Bump Bump
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I originally bought the light duty all the way around. I then bought a winch and needed a 1"
Spacer up front. The I got a heavy bumper and it sagged way too much. I now have heavy springs up front and light in the rear. It rides great. I don't think I would want heavys in the rear without some weight back there. It would be harsh.

Quick Reply: Old Mam Emu Lift Question