Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ok to install lift?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok to install lift?

I got my full traction econo lift 2" from northridge early this week and I am sticking with the stock tires and wheels - unlimited X 24s package, 17" wheels with 31" tires (i think). I ordered the wheel spacers from Rough Country on May 26 and still can't so much as even track the shipment...I don't think it has even shipped yet BUT I am wondering if I can attempt the lift install without the spacers for now and if it will still be ok for daily driving? I have read about rubbing sway bar links and stuff and if that is going to be an issue I will wait for the wheel spacers (or re-order somewhere else!)

Thanks
Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with the FullTraction BB, but i did run an RE BB with my stock tires and no spacers briefly without issues.
(If it is just spring spacers and bumpstops you should be fine, most BB's are just about the same thing)

Call or PM David though, he can answer for you I am sure.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the wheel spacers from rough country and they are on back order.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, I will email David right now.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl
I ordered the wheel spacers from rough country and they are on back order.
How did you find out about this? I had started to suspect but jeeze one of my biggest peeves when ordering something is NOT being notified that it is on back order. I'm going on almost 2 weeks without any contact other than "thanks for your order" and it says in stock items will be shipped within 24hrs.

I think I am going to cancel my order...but hoping I will get a reply to my email from RC.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I recieved my lift kit yesterday on the bill it said they were backordered.
I'm not to concerned, I'm still running stock tires I just wanted the wider stance.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my spacers from ebay. they are billet aluminum and they accomodate 5 on 5 wheels (JK) or the 5 on 4.5 wheels. I got them well within a week.
if you cant find them for the JK, look for the Commander.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why would you need spacers to fit your STOCK wheels and tires on after you lift your Jeep? The only time spacers are needed is when you put bigger/wider tires on the stock wheels. The lift has NOTHING to do with it.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running 1.5" Spidertrax (have been for well over two years now) I had to order a 5th for my spare recently, called them (Spidertrax) directly and had it within a week. . All the vendors i contacted didnt have any in stock, so direct might be an option for you.

I drove my jeep a couple weeks without the spacers, i to added them at the time for the stance (now i need them for the 33's)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tweba08
Why would you need spacers to fit your STOCK wheels and tires on after you lift your Jeep? The only time spacers are needed is when you put bigger/wider tires on the stock wheels. The lift has NOTHING to do with it.
I think your caps key is stuck... I'm pretty new to the whole lift thing and it seems like I have read about issues with stock wheels and wasn't sure if it was only when going with bigger tires or not. I'm getting the picture its ok.

Quick Reply: Ok to install lift?