Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OK Guys, Got new 10 4 door Rubi, time to spend money, take a look and let me know.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by woolybully
How much do I need to cut off the rear of my rock rails? 2"?
not much, i'd say just follow the fender line and down in an angle. you'll be chopping off just the corner. when all is said and done, i'd say you'll be cutting off a triangle piece that measure about 2" at the base so yeah, about 2" off the rails too.

as far as sleeves go, don't waste your money. trust me, they are just a bunch of hype and not necessary. stronger chromoly shafts are what i would spend your money on instead. if you can actually bend an axle shaft, you can still drive home. if you break a shaft, well, you can be left high and dry.

I have an Auto but when Looking at the charts for gear ratio to rpms it seems a little high at 65 for the 5.38's. Who has 37's, exhaust, chip and intake like this and 5.13's? How are the RPM's and gas mileage. I want my cake and I want to eat it to.
if you're running dana 44's, i would not run anything bigger than 5.13's. the pinion on 5.38's are pretty damn small and if you play as hard as you say you do, you will blow it out. trust me, i speak from experience here.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok,

Got the Smittybuilt XRC bumper and Warn 9000i bought and installed today!

I have decided not to do the wheel spacers, AEV has 4" offset on the rims.

Mark
Old 03-20-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Now that is Customer Service

I sent Full Traction an email last night saying I was desperate to get a 6" lift immediately to ship on Monday to please call my cell if they get this email by Monday. I received a call from Steve (the owner) at 8:15 AM this Saturday morning. By 9 am it was ordered, paid for and will be at the installers Monday to be put on on Wed.

Things are falling into place!

I should be ready to Rock and Roll for MOAB!

Mark
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lift

ok, the lift is now installed and rides great for the 2 miles I drove it.

Note: 2010 JK's have changed from 2007-2009's. Body mounts, frame is a little different for the better, the way the rear axle is mounted so you can shift it back a little to clear the front of the wheel well. You do not need to trim the pinch or joint seam and the stock RUBICON rock slider. The front of the rear wheel well is shaped different for the better so you do not hit it with 37's. They had to cut the cat and rotate 180 degrees and custom bend some exhaust. Make sure when buying a lift they have made the adjustments for a 2010.

I will have my AEV bead locks on monday and I already have the 37 Nitto Mud Grappler in the truck ready to put on.

I can't wait till Moab!!!

just about ready!

Mark

Quick Reply: OK Guys, Got new 10 4 door Rubi, time to spend money, take a look and let me know.