Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oil pan tranny skids that work with exhaust extensions

Old 11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThingsAbove
I've read that the EVO can't be used with the spacers and requires an aftermarket driveshaft, hence my original post.
You can use the engine and trans skid plate with no problem. Its the crossmember skid plate you can't use because of your spacers. You can purchase the skids separately. This is a pic of the trans skid. Its on top of the exhasut crossover and not going to contact the driveshaft
http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main...._itemId=268505
Old 11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by egeli
You can use the engine and trans skid plate with no problem. Its the crossmember skid plate you can't use because of your spacers. You can purchase the skids separately. This is a pic of the trans skid. Its on top of the exhasut crossover and not going to contact the driveshaft
Without the lower crossover skid the "EVO tranny skid" by itself would leave the crossover too exposed after removal of the factory tranny skid as mentioned in his write-up. Here is a pic of the EVO skid that has the problem along with his comment later in the post...

IAN April 25th, 2012 3:26 pm
Does not work with teraflex exhaust spacers. Not enough clearance on the crossover pipe. FYI, bought a new driveshaft and removed the spacers. All good now
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

I got a response from Drew at Off Road Evolution whether I could use the trans skid plate without the crossmember skid plate:

". . . The oil pan skid can be used separately but the transmission pan skid must be used with the entire system."
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a response from Drew at Off Road Evolution whether I could use the trans skid plate without the crossmember skid plate:

". . . The oil pan skid can be used separately but the transmission pan skid must be used with the entire system."
I run the Rock Hard skids on my 2012 and I have TF spacers. No problem at all! I put the 1/4 inch spacer in the back just for a little extra room at the crossmember. They are nicely finished and work great.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can use the oil pan and trans skid without the crossmember skid

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131111_081909.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	510866
Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Attachment 510866
Thanks, I will email them that picture and see what they say.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the tf exhaust spacer last night. It cleared by honestly a hair so i put washers inbetween the pan and cross frame for clearance and walla.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Attachment 510866
I sent them your picture and talked to Drew on the phone. At first he said no it wouldn't work but put me on hold and when he came back he said it would. Thanks for the picture.

Originally Posted by BIGNICK
Installed the tf exhaust spacer last night. It cleared by honestly a hair so i put washers inbetween the pan and cross frame for clearance and walla.
When you say in between the "pan" and cross frame are you referring to the Off Road Evolution Exhaust skid or the Tranny Skid or some other "pan"?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rock Hard skids and Teraflex exhaust spacers, plenty of clearance.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey captain; what all skids do ya have?? On 2dr. or jku? Thanx ;-)

Quick Reply: Oil pan tranny skids that work with exhaust extensions