Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which oil pan skids that work with stock Rubi Trany skid?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ncaa_maniac
The transmission oil pan is all you really need to protect, the actual transmission can take a beating. I know WOL said he ran the stock skid for a long time without any problems. And if you haven't seen how hard he wheels go look up wayalife on youtube. If he didn't have problems, you won't.
Well if that really is the case than I guess I can go with the oil pan protection only. I just found this product from ASFIR. I never seen them on any forums nor I saw people talk about it, but the product looks very interesting.
ok4wd.com/asfir-4x4-oil-pan-skid-plate-for-jeep-jk.html

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-10-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non-sponsors
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

The tranny itself actually seats much higher than the engine and tranny oil pan so I thought that it has less chance of impact. However, wonder if anyone can actually attest to it, if they ever bumped or dinged tranny during their wheeling?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I uses the rancho as well with the supplied silicon and no problems. I put two safety wires just in case as well though.

Quick Reply: Which oil pan skids that work with stock Rubi Trany skid?