Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oil Cooler Replacement, no start...

Old 04-13-2022, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I seen where the lifter is completely locked at the lowest level and the follower was eaten up to poiint of all the needle bearings in it gone but it did not come off. Not saying yours did what you say, but its very hard. I had to replace the cam on the exhaust side of driver head. Plus I had 4 lifters bad and 2 followers bad. Getting those Valve covers off is another pain in ass. The taking of the cams off is nothing. I have the little locks that keep the cams gear located as they come off and out of the head. Tell the mech not to worry too much about having the take the cam out, its a 19 buck set of tools to do it. The hardest getting the brackets off, and the high breakaway torque required to get the cam bearing bolts out. I sheared a cheap torx bit, but was lucky I had a high quality one to finish the job.

Also I did a compression test prior to finding what the issue was with my engine. It came back 160 on all cylinders but one, and it just had 1 bad lifter. The other cylinders all were good. Make sure the mech looks at each lobe to be sure it does not have any flat spots. Mine did. I still have the cam and lifters and followers if you would like me to take pic of them and show ya.

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Replacement, no start...