Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oil Cooler Replacement, no start...

Old 01-04-2022, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Cooler Replacement, no start...

Hi all,

For the 2nd time, I've had to replace my oil cooler in my 2012 JKUR. My fault, I went with an Amazon replacement instead of Mopar last time. At any rate, my Jeep was spewing out coolant and started to heat up a bit before I limped it into my garage. Didn't overheat, reached midway between normal and high.

At any rate, I replaced the oil cooler, put everything back together and now my Jeep won't start. It cranks, even tries to turn over but never does. It only leaked coolant, no oil leaks. I've been back in to see if I missed a plug, but everything is connected and tight.

The Jeep is getting plenty of fuel (I can smell it after cranking). I thought maybe the steam fried a coil pack, replaced all 6 (180K, it was needed) and no change. I pulled the plugs to be sure they looked good, other than being gas soaked, they looked good. I even replaced the Crankshaft Sensor (since I had an extra). I'm out of ideas, Jeep ran fine into the garage, but since then it only cranks and won't start...any ideas?
Old 01-04-2022, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Sounds like some electrical plugs were disconnected, and maybe the one of pins were damaged in the process. Sometimes they get pushed outward when connecting them, the plastic that catches the barb can crack/break. If this is the case, it might actually set a code.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2016 Wrangler same issue

Same problem, multiple codes, P0123,P0222, iat code, multiple misfires... Did you figure your problem out? Thanks,
Old 03-29-2022, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look for any connector related to what you took off. Its going to be that simple. ALso one to look for is under the Throttle body, I left that one off also and saw it hanging there and had to pull air tube off to get at it easlier.
The following users liked this post:
Heatingmd (03-29-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same issue after changing valve cover gaskets

If y'all have figured out anything, please post results. I am having the same no start condition after changing valve cover gaskets on my wife's JK. I have codes for IAT, MAP, TPS and injectors.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default Still trying to find it.

Originally Posted by Bw9919
If y'all have figured out anything, please post results. I am having the same no start condition after changing valve cover gaskets on my wife's JK. I have codes for IAT, MAP, TPS and injectors.
Still haven't figured it out. Nothing unplugged, but tearing it back down this weekend. I'll post it I figure it out or if I have to take to a shop, I'll post what they find.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Any luck fixing?

Originally Posted by Eggdashure
Hi all,

For the 2nd time, I've had to replace my oil cooler in my 2012 JKUR. My fault, I went with an Amazon replacement instead of Mopar last time. At any rate, my Jeep was spewing out coolant and started to heat up a bit before I limped it into my garage. Didn't overheat, reached midway between normal and high.

At any rate, I replaced the oil cooler, put everything back together and now my Jeep won't start. It cranks, even tries to turn over but never does. It only leaked coolant, no oil leaks. I've been back in to see if I missed a plug, but everything is connected and tight.

The Jeep is getting plenty of fuel (I can smell it after cranking). I thought maybe the steam fried a coil pack, replaced all 6 (180K, it was needed) and no change. I pulled the plugs to be sure they looked good, other than being gas soaked, they looked good. I even replaced the Crankshaft Sensor (since I had an extra). I'm out of ideas, Jeep ran fine into the garage, but since then it only cranks and won't start...any ideas?
Did you figure this out? Thanks,
Old 04-11-2022, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Still broke down

Originally Posted by Bw9919
You figure out what the problem was? My mechanic is stumped. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its going to be one of the sensors is not plugged in. I have taken that intake off so many times here lately that its now super easy. I left the side brackets off when installing the intake back on cause I knew I would be taking it off many more times. But there are a lot of sensors that need to be unplugged to do the job. Start by taking the damn intake off and work up from that. You will find the sensor then. If it was running before a job, and not after, then it is what the mech did to it as the cause. I ran for a few months without those side brackets on which is 90% of the hassle with the intake.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mechanic found a problem.

See anything missing? Cam follower came loose causing misfire. He figures the lack of oil from replacing the cooler/oil filter assembly may have caused lifter to collapse and allowed enough room for cam follower to come loose. Still waiting for quote to repair... I'd also like to thank the other members who figure out their problems but never come back to post them, you're the best....

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Replacement, no start...