Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oil Cooler

Old 07-30-2022, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts
Default Oil Cooler

I recently got the Jeep buried in sloppy muddy water up to the line where the hood meets the fenders. Lucky though I could back the Jeep out of that deep part of a hole I was going through but boy did that vehicle make some weird noises after we winched it out. So after replacing the Chev starter (casulty of this) I started fixing small things, and changing out fluids that were actually due but were clean. And to top it off the oil cooler burst at my place of work. Towed home and relocated from behind bumper (remember this a Chev engine and has an in rad or external cooler) up to in front of rad. Tranny cooler is external and behind the transfer case between the chassis rails. One thing I noticed is an ever so slightly higher gauge level on 95F day cruising at freeway speeds. Around town its the same old temperature but just trying to tell others about installing things in front of the rad. What I will do is open up the bottom shroud forward of the rad to compensate but it is obviously aerodynamics that make this difference.

Old 07-30-2022, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 407 Likes on 382 Posts

Thanks Sixty... good info/advise.. that is why .. when/if we install a winch.. it will be a LOW mount not high in the air flow.

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler