Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oil catch can

Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

This concerns me as well. I'm at 43k with oil consumption and pinging issues and don't know if I should hold out or get a newer one. It's an 07...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, that's what I've been reading. I checked my 2011. She's got 3000km on the clock and the oil level is perfect. No oil build up in the intake tube. So "knock on wood" hopefully it stays that way! This also seems to be something like you said is happening to 07 models made in Mexico.

I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 07 with 96,000 miles and really no problems. I had to replace the front main seal, that was all the oil leaking. I just replaced the rear brakes, front are still good. I have not had any strange sounds and such. Getting ready to change all fluids, radiator, transmission, front and rear differential. I think I might have a small leak on the oil pan gasket now. So far so good, getting it ready for another 100,000 miles; then a V-8.

Quick Reply: Oil catch can