Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Offset Question

Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't mean to high Jack but does anyone know what the BS for this is? 17X8.5 5-127 25CAM thanks guys.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For me, the bigger concern would be that I buy from discount tire, they offer free balance and rotation for the life of the tire, and they won't touch a rig with spacers. And I'm lazy enough to not want to rotate/balance my own tires every 3k.
Now that's some good info... I didn't know Discount Tire won't mess with spacers. Makes sense I guess but here's the funny thing... it was Discount Tire that suggested these rims to me!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Assuming that whoever you talked to knew that you were going with a 37x13 tire, no clue why they would recommend that backspace. Discount Tire Direct is a site sponsor, you might want to shoot them a PM or add a post to their thread up in the sponsors area. They may be able to steer you toward another option.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jethro0417
Don't mean to high Jack but does anyone know what the BS for this is? 17X8.5 5-127 25CAM thanks guys.
Sorry, haven't seem the 25CAM before. I'll guess that CAM is some form of backspace or offset, but can't help ya with it.

This is about the best explanation I have seen:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...do-they-relate
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Assuming that whoever you talked to knew that you were going with a 37x13 tire, no clue why they would recommend that backspace. Discount Tire Direct is a site sponsor, you might want to shoot them a PM or add a post to their thread up in the sponsors area. They may be able to steer you toward another option.
Yeah, it was a local store but he knows my stats since he asked me for them before researching and sending me some suggestions. No biggie though, we all make mistakes. Thanks for the heads up on DTD and thanks for the info links.

Quick Reply: Offset Question