Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Offroading with a Teraflex or AEV Leveling kit

Old 08-04-2015, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroading with a Teraflex or AEV Leveling kit

I just bought a 2015 JKUR. I want to put either a Teraflex or AEV leveling kit on it. Leaning to a 2"front/1" rear Teraflex spacer kit. Can I off road it? How far reasonably?

One more question - Am I right that neither a suspension or a spacer lift will add ground clearance? That is accomplished by larger tires right? I know the answers to travel and articulation but I am taking only ground clearance.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The Tera 1.5" performance (coil) leveling kit took me no further than my stock coils. Longer shocks that maintain your stock compressed length are a better upgrade.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are correct, larger tires is how you improve ground clearance. Lifts allow you to run the larger tires.

Quite honestly all spacer/puck based leveling kits are pretty equal between the different brands.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I ran aev 2" lift with 285/75-17 Toyos and did fine. Depends on how hard core you are looking to go. If you want to go to Moab and do hells revenge, poison spider, kane creek, top of the world, rose garden hill etc you will have no problems. If you want to up the ante a bit then you probably need to go with a coil lift and longer shocks so you get a bit more articulation.

Quick Reply: Offroading with a Teraflex or AEV Leveling kit