Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Offroad EVO D44 vs. Pro Rock D60

Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everybody I was in fact talking about the
Mopar axle that offroad evo sells, I am trying to get axles that will withstand daily driving with the 37's and occasionally get a chance to wheel but obviously budget is a huge deal because uncle sam's navy only pays so much haha.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by CUOFFRDGA
If you have a 44 up front already, you'll be ok. I would suggest Outer Sleeves & "C" gussets.
If it's a daily driver, your not going to get that crazy when you wheeling.
If your just set on spending the dough, just get Currie Rock Jocks and be done.
The OP does not have a 44. He has an X, with a D30.

So the choice is between buying a 'fully upgraded' rubi44, or a caster corrected PR44, or saving for a 60. Can't comment on saving for a 60, but both 44's seem to be roughly the same price?

My take on it:

Rubi:
Stock shafts and stock elocker.
PR:
Alloy inners (stock 32sp outers) and ARB or Detroit.

Rubi:
No caster correction.
PR:
Caster correction built in.

Rubi:
Has drain plug.
PR:
Gives an extra 2" of ground clearance instead of a drain plug...

Strength? No clue how stout the upgraded rubi44 would be, but I'd give the edge to the PR there as well.

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-18-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Freak

The OP was actually looking at the ProRock 60 but should be looking at the ProRock 44, which is suppose to be stronger than the gussied up 44.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking for a solid axle to put up with the abuse I throw at it. Eventually I am going to get a truck so I can trailer to the trails too. I am kinda on this kick about the pro rock 44 with arb's. Thanks again for all the help, its much appreciated
Old 12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a residential redneck? I have never heard that one before

Last edited by Steel Rain; 12-19-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LBJEEPER
I am looking for a solid axle to put up with the abuse I throw at it.
If you can get a 60 up front, do it. The problem is that its not just the axle. If you go with the 60, its going to be 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern, so you will have to get new wheels also. I have the rj 60 in the front with adapters in the back. When i decided to get the 60 for the front, i had just gotten a set of walker evans bead locks. I sold them, and got another set of WE's with the bigger center bore and 5 on 5 1/2. I plan on getting the rear 60 to match eventually.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CUOFFRDGA
Don't drink the Obama Kool-Aid.

If you have a 44 up front already, you'll be ok. I would suggest Outer Sleeves & "C" gussets.
If it's a daily driver, your not going to get that crazy when you wheeling.
If your just set on spending the dough, just get Currie Rock Jocks and be done.
Kool-Aid??? What makes you think if its a daily driver that means "not going to get that crazy when wheeling." Mines a daily driver, and its built specifically to get crazy offroad, so it can continue being a daily driver. The OP seems to be on the right track to building a stout reliable rig. As stated earlier in the other postings, the ProRock 44, for the money, is about the best option going. It really is not that much more, if any, then building up a Mopar Dana 44 from a Rubicon. The key item that the PR 44 addresses over any other sleeved and gusseted Dana 44, is the housing. The PR 44 is on steroids!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Residential redneck was a nickname I got on this past deployment from one of my buddy's. Since I'm born and raised i'n California but I have redneck tendencies he coined that for me. I'm going to go pr 44 until it breaks then I'll step it up to 60's. Works best for the budget right now.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

w w w .oconeeoffroad.com/servlet/the-38754/Dana-Model-44-Front/Detail

is that for real?? Im guessing all youd need next is gears and its bolt and go???

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 01-19-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: no direct links to non-sponsors
Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FAMILY-CRAWL
I went from a D30 to the ProRock 44 and I am very happy.
Amen, a fully tricked out PR 44 is near bullet proof and relatively cheap. Call Dave at Northridge while sitting down and ask him what one costs with prosteer ball joints, ARB locker, RCV axles and gearing of your choice. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Quick Reply: Offroad EVO D44 vs. Pro Rock D60