Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

offroad adventures question?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default offroad adventures question?

Question: in the offroad adventures magazine june issue pg23 and online shows a basic write-up on the Full traction ultimate 3" lift.

http://www.oramagazine.com/pastIssue...ulltraction_JK

in step #10 shows the front track bar with a upper relocation bracket and brace. these parts aren't shown in the parts layout picture. are they new parts to the ultimate kit? old prototype design? i have to assume that these parts where designed to handle stresses and make the kit funtion properly.

now my question is are these really included in the ultimate kit?

i purchased a full traction 3" econo lift as have many others here on the forums. i have unfourchantly been plagued with death wobble problems that prompted me to upgrade to the adjustible track bar. to no avail. still being plagued with milder death wobble. also upgrade lower control arms to try to elimate wander/ hoping would also aid in the DW. DW not gone.

now i see this. and just makes me think that the adjustible track bar i upgrade alone is not enough. it requires this bracket and brace to funtion as intended?
if not why would it be included in the ultimate, it odviously changes geometery beyond the adjustible lower and upper control arms i was under impression is main difference between econo premium and ultimate.

also the econo kit was mentioned to be designed to be upgrade if desired. but if this brace and upper relocation bracket are required or a current production piece. i don't see where they can be purchased and they don't come with the front track bar if they are ment to be used with it.

any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

just trying to get this wonderful Jeep running as intended. and get rid of this DW once and for all.

on a side note: i have on order the superlift steering stablizer, to replace the damaged skyjacker unit i had purchased.( there is a thread here talking about how the skyjacker unit is to large to clear the mount and gets damaged) the superlift unit comes with a relocation bracket to prevent this problem.
also hoping the faulty stablizer fix will aid with the control of the DW.

and before anyone asks: track bar is torqued down to 125 LBS i have checked this several times track bar is on properly and shows no signs of movement that i can tell. i rotated the tires to try to address the tire out of balance issue aswell.

HELP PLEASE LOL
Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one knows?

Quick Reply: offroad adventures question?