Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Off road tires on road trips

Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off road tires on road trips

So my Discoverer STTs will be here in a little over a week, and I'm planning on a 1,000 mile, each way, road trip up to VA to visit the parents and go to Rausch creek. Should I hold off on installing the wheels/tires until after I'm up there? I'd buy a small trailer and haul them up. Just looking for opinions based on wear they'd receive and how gas mileage would suffer. Right now I have the stock Sahara 18s. The new tires are 33x11.50x16
Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mount them and drive on them.. they are not much larger than the stockers...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
Either way, it would not justify the purchase of a new small trailer...unless that is what you need to tell your wife because you want the new trailer anyway.
Ha ha, who does that!?

Anyway, I would mount them so I could break them in. I know when I got mine I put them on that same day, after seeing them I didn't want to wait. Even still, you will be driving on them more than 1000 miles any way, so really, why wait?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman

Either way, it would not justify the purchase of a new small trailer...unless that is what you need to tell your wife because you want the new trailer anyway.
Wife? I've heard of those but never seen one So they prevent you from getting things you want? Guess I'll keep from obtaining one
Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by H2_RESQ
Wife? I've heard of those but never seen one So they prevent you from getting things you want? Guess I'll keep from obtaining one
I think you've got the right idea buddy!!!!!

Quick Reply: Off road tires on road trips