Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Off Road Exhaust

Old 08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Exhaust

When running the high clearance exhaust that cuts off in front of or just behind the rear axle, does anyone have an issue with fumes entering the cabin when the to is on. I have kids and don't want to gas them out. I saw Dynomax just put a disclaimer on there off road exhaust, i assume it is because of this. Just want to hear it from someone that is running one
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rupie
When running the high clearance exhaust that cuts off in front of or just behind the rear axle, does anyone have an issue with fumes entering the cabin when the to is on. I have kids and don't want to gas them out. I saw Dynomax just put a disclaimer on there off road exhaust, i assume it is because of this. Just want to hear it from someone that is running one
Been running Dynomax with dump in front of axle for 15 months with hard top, soft top, half doors, no doors and no issues. Had to go this way due to EVO lever and was originally concerned but it seems to work just fine.

Gary T
Old 09-01-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the high clearance off road MBRP exhaust that tucks in and exits left rear. It is a awesome system. I have never had a fume issue at all.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

i have the dynomax "evo" kit you are talking about. no issues at all on fumes. i thought the location and the dump would mean i would smell fumes for sure, but nope!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Off road MBRP here.. No issues!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeper'08
Off road MBRP here.. No issues!
Ditto here.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I wouldn't worry about fumes at all. My only question for those with the Dynomax would have to do with the evap canister: Have you had to shield or relocate the evap canister because of the heat emitting from the exhaust and muffler?

Last thing you want is your evap canister melting or a fire sparking.

Quick Reply: Off Road Exhaust