Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Off Road Evolution & build advice

Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Evolution & build advice

Hi, I have a 2009 2dr X that is stock. I am planning on lifting and putting on 35's. Basically for the near future I will be driving daily on street with some time on the beach but am going to put some effort to go on trails but mostly riding on the street. Regardless I'm still gonna do it up!

1) I have been considering the AEV / Nth Degree 3.5" Premium Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks

2) 35 Mickey Thompsons tires and wheels (17x9)

3) MBRP S5518 Black off road tail pipe, muffler before axle

4) gear from 3.73 to 5.13

I've read a bit about EVO and King shocks. If I want to incorporate EVO and King into my build does anyone have any good ideas. The front and rear throw down system looks sick and the King direct bolt in shcoks too. Can I incorporate some/all these? Any recommendations on lift? I'm willing to spend for the best. Any ideas on combining these to build sick ride for all purpose use?

Appreciate any comments

All the Best,

D
Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

nothing wrong with the AEV, but do yourself a favor and skip the brackets and install adjustable control arms, Its very important on the two door to be able to adjust your pinion and caster, You'll need a new rear driveshaft with a 3.5" lift.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
nothing wrong with the AEV, but do yourself a favor and skip the brackets and install adjustable control arms, Its very important on the two door to be able to adjust your pinion and caster, You'll need a new rear driveshaft with a 3.5" lift.
OK thanks. This is what they say with their write up:

AEV is proud to offer the single biggest improvement to our JK Suspension since it was released. These new Front Control Arm Brackets are a win-win in terms of performance.

These new brackets will:

Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges)
Increase Anti-Dive for improved braking performance
Decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft
Eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Good choice of exhaust systems! The black off road system really looks/sounds awesome.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotus03
I've read a bit about EVO and King shocks. If I want to incorporate EVO and King into my build does anyone have any good ideas. The front and rear throw down system looks sick and the King direct bolt in shcoks too. Can I incorporate some/all these? Any recommendations on lift? I'm willing to spend for the best. Any ideas on combining these to build sick ride for all purpose use?
if you go with something like the evo throwdown system, i think the question that needs to be asked is, how much of the aev kit can you still use? and, the answer would be, not a whole lot. being that the throwdown is a coil over system, you no longer need the coils or shocks from the aev kit nor would you need any of the bracketry that comes with the kit. maybe the only thing that you can keep is the front track bar relocation and drag link flip but that's about it. if you're looking at the direct bolt in shocks, they are way nicer than the bilsteins that come with the aev kit and that's almost half the kit - you might want to just look into getting the off road evolution enforcer kit instead.

OK thanks. This is what they say with their write up:

AEV is proud to offer the single biggest improvement to our JK Suspension since it was released. These new Front Control Arm Brackets are a win-win in terms of performance.

These new brackets will:

Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges)
Increase Anti-Dive for improved braking performance
Decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft
Eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction
well, of course this is what they would say. it is after all a product that they make and are trying to sell you. the brackets are a cheap solution to addressing front end suspension geometry and while they do work, the will rob you of the very ground clearance that you just paid to get higher up and, they will not improve your jeep's ability to flex. also, as piginajeep pointed out, on a 2-door, you will need to address your rear drive shaft sooner than later and you will need adjustable rear upper control arms in order to install one.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok thanks a lot. I dont know what a off road evolution enforcer kit is and did not see it on their website.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ok thanks a lot. I dont know what a off road evolution enforcer kit is and did not see it on their website.
this should help you out:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...em-Coming-Soon
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 04-21-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Good choice of exhaust systems! The black off road system really looks/sounds awesome.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
OK thanks alot. When you talk about adjustable control arms - what do you think about these:

Currie - REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS FROM JK OFF ROAD SUSPENSION SYSTEM
Currie - FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS FROM JK OFF ROAD SUSPENSION SYSTEM

also, the 1310 CV Heavy Duty Rear Driveshaft by JE Reel says its for tires 36" and larger - im gonna be running 35's

Last edited by Lotus03; 04-22-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Off Road Evolution & build advice