Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Off Road Evolution Billet Aluminum Door Handles & Hinges

Old 10-24-2006, 05:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Off Road Evolution Billet Aluminum Door Handles & Hinges

Check it out, Off Road Evolution has just released a set of billet aluminum replacment door handles and hinges...

For those of you alergic to 'bling-bling', they will also be available in an anodized black finish too.

Click here for more details and to see more pics

Old 10-24-2006, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that is a little too much "shine" for a JK, unless it's going to be a mall cruiser or a show Jeep. At most, I would spring for the door knobs (but not the whole handle) just to make my Jeep a little different than everyone elses.

First though, I'd have to get my Jeep, and check out how much work it's going to be to pull the handles off to change the knobs before I would consider purchasing them.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

A little blingy for my tase too. I think I'm one of the rare people who like the changes to the handles. Just works better for me. I don't do the kind of wheeling that will knock the handles off my doors. I might like it better if my jeep was daarker. I don't care for chrome on silver.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Too blingy for me, especially for $529 (4dr). Black anodized fits my taste a bit better.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default waste

Jeeps are made for the trail not for the next fast and the furious movie. These are a waste of money. Black factory handles are fine with me and cheaper to replace if I catch a rock or tree with the side of my JK while trail riding.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Holey smokes. I didn't realize they were that much.
That's pretty close to a bumper. Or a lift kit.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feed back. The polished may not be for everyone, For those we will have them in black anodized in November .
This is a vehicle that is comparible in style to a H2/3 and still has a solid axle and a full convertible top. There is a whole new image to this jeep
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by evolution
Thanks for the feed back. The polished may not be for everyone, For those we will have them in black anodized in November .
This is a vehicle that is comparible in style to a H2/3 and still has a solid axle and a full convertible top. There is a whole new image to this jeep
There are nice handles and you have some kewl stuff. But now that you bring up H2/H3 thing, am I the only one who has a feeling that the 4 door JKs are going to become next bling bling candidate?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

And what exactly is wrong with the stock hinges ?

Whats the point if they are going to be in black anodized ? They'll look just like the plastic ones that are on there, except you'll have wasted $529.

Maybe the stock plastic ones cost $600 to replace... in that case it might be worth it. Although the changes in the handle look a little jesse james / poison spyder / SUPER-HARDCORE-MURDER-DEATH-SKULLS / So-Cal to me.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by este
Whats the point if they are going to be in black anodized ? They'll look just like the plastic ones that are on there, except you'll have wasted $529.
I think the stock hinges are color matched to the jeep, so unless you have a black jeep you won't be getting black hinges. I really love the look of black accessories on white and I think the black hinges will look great on my white unlimited...that is...when I get it

Not sure I can afford them tho :whoaisme:

Quick Reply: Off Road Evolution Billet Aluminum Door Handles & Hinges