Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OEM Wheels and Tires

Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Wheels and Tires

OK so I have been on here awhile and never posted, I have looked around trying to find tire info and I am just stupid or unable to find the answers I need.

I have a 09 JK with stock wheels and leveling spacers in the front (i put a heavy bumper and winch on)

I need to replace my tires and I have no idea what size will fit these rime other than the standard ! The 32 - 33 things makes my brain hurt.

I am having a tough time picking a new tire, I am looking at the General Grabber with red letters. Does anyone run these with OEM rims and if so what size and do you have pictures.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

To add on to Red's excellent advice I would also take a look around at the other tire manufacturers as well and read some of the reviews that are available many places on the interwebs. Consider your needs, daily driver/casual wheelin etc. Try and talk to folks who also wheel in your area and see what they are running. Having the most information you can get can only help.

While I really like the look of the tires you are checking out, their performance is really dependent on your local conditions and how you will use them. Don't make a hasty choice either these things aren't cheap.

Best advice I can give.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ukdave28
OK so I have been on here awhile and never posted, I have looked around trying to find tire info and I am just stupid or unable to find the answers I need.

I have a 09 JK with stock wheels and leveling spacers in the front (i put a heavy bumper and winch on)

I need to replace my tires and I have no idea what size will fit these rime other than the standard ! The 32 - 33 things makes my brain hurt.

I am having a tough time picking a new tire, I am looking at the General Grabber with red letters. Does anyone run these with OEM rims and if so what size and do you have pictures.

Thanks for the help.
Don't know much about the General Grabbers... 295 65r18 is great alternative for an oversized tire on stock 18's with a leveling kit or 2.5 lift. you will need spacers. Goodyear Duratrac makes that size. I've heard nothing but good things about that size. I ordered some a couple weeks ago and am awaiting installation.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

285/70/17
285/75/16
Are all tires that fit depends on wheel size you currently have. 33'' is the size in metric terms
Old 11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers

32.7x11.2/17 No spacers and get a little rub at full lock. Need to trim the front air dam. I do lots of freeway and snow. Just got em so still need to test. Great in the rain and on the freeway.

Attachment 243560Attachment 243561Attachment 243570

Last edited by turbotmy; 11-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: OEM Wheels and Tires