Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Oem driveshaft with torn boot make for ok "extra" driveshaft

Old 07-31-2015, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran ths stock driveshaft with 6.5" of lift for a long time. It would hit my tranny skid at full articulation. And it nicked my tranny pan, causing it to leak ever so little. But when i was about 3" of lift. I didnt really have an issue.

My old man has been using his stock driveahaft on his 2 door for 4 years now. With 4" of lift. And hasnt ever came to an issue. Granted he doesnt crawl over things as much as i do. And for an 07 it only has 64,000kms on it

It could work as a nice spare, but be careful you dont come in contact with anything major. Go out and aryiculate. As far as that boot.. mine was torn for 2 years. Every 3 to 4 months i would re grease the shaft.

Quick Reply: Oem driveshaft with torn boot make for ok "extra" driveshaft