Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OEM ball joints are toast - What are my options?

Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM ball joints are toast - What are my options?

Like the title says, my stock joints are gone. What are my aftermarket options. I'd love to put in a set of Dynatracs', but I can't afford it right now. Is there anything out there that is better quality than OEM but not quite as pricey as the Prosteers?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are few different ways to go. Replacing with the stock one is not a good option. There are some that are great and are able to be rebuilt, but very expensive. And then there is what most people are doing and that is finding a good replacement that won’t run you an arm and a leg. I think there are a few companies that make them and some other that repackage them and sell them as their own. How much do you want to spend?