Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Odd steering issue

Old 10-14-2020, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK HOLE
I don't even know where those are, lol. My plan now was to take the drag link off the pitman arm and see if I get more rotation out of it, currently just under 1.5 turns while my Gladiator gets just over 1.5 turns.
I think you're overthinking this. I wouldn't worry about it at all. That pitman arm is keyed so you're not going to be able to rotate it just a couple teeth, it would be a full quarter turn if I recall. I think it's primarily optics, but even if it was not the same I still wouldn't sweat it.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Is your bumper centered? IE have you been to a parking lot and measured the left and right turn circle diameters.
Yes its centered. I have not done that but its a good suggestion. Thank you!
Old 10-15-2020, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I think you're overthinking this. I wouldn't worry about it at all. That pitman arm is keyed so you're not going to be able to rotate it just a couple teeth, it would be a full quarter turn if I recall. I think it's primarily optics, but even if it was not the same I still wouldn't sweat it.
You're likely right in that it isn't something I can fix anyway, but I don't believe it is optics, but just in case I'll confirm. I don't drive this Jeep a lot so I haven't done anything more since I posted this.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Odd steering issue