Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Occasional stallng, 2012 manual, happens in 1st gear, more so when in 4 low

Old 07-14-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Occasional stallng, 2012 manual, happens in 1st gear, more so when in 4 low

Ok so my Jeep is pretty modified, but this happened even when it was brand new and stock...

You'll be in 1st gear going pretty slow, I don't think it's ever happened in second, just first.

Definitely happens more often on the trails in 4 low

Does my idle speed need to be raised?

Matthew
Old 07-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Your idle is already raised in 4lo.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Driving habits perhaps. Just one of those things driving a manual, going slow and giving it just the right amount of gas and clutch?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dale36
Driving habits perhaps. Just one of those things driving a manual, going slow and giving it just the right amount of gas and clutch?
I hear you but it happens when the vehicle is underway, I've driven a manual since I was 17 plus it never happened with my other Jeep's

I wanted to see if anyone else had ever encountered this

Matthew
Old 07-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor

Are you saying that if you were in a parking lot in first gear and 4 low, got moving and kept your foot off everything, it may stall at some point crossing the lot?

I have a manual trans and 40s with a Rubi t-case. In 1st and 4 low, it will crawl rocks with no gas without stalling.

What t case do you have? My old 2.72:1 case was much more likely to stall, that I recall.

Quick Reply: Occasional stallng, 2012 manual, happens in 1st gear, more so when in 4 low