Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OBX Long Tube Headers

Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p1llar

Did you install your long tubes or did you have a shop do it?
Both kinda. A buddy who works at a exhaust shop. We did it together. He did the cutting and welding. I have a long arm kit so the headers required minor modifications.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Both kinda. A buddy who works at a exhaust shop. We did it together. He did the cutting and welding. I have a long arm kit so the headers required minor modifications.
Already am supercharged and looking to possibly add RIPP headers - does the combination "play" well with one another? Any codes, or warning lights? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Already am supercharged and looking to possibly add RIPP headers - does the combination "play" well with one another? Any codes, or warning lights? Thanks.
I had the headers before the supercharger. I bought the full kit which you will not need to buy since you already have the Diablo Sport Tuner. When I bought the kit the tuner had to be sent separate from the manufacturer so it did not have the header tuner on it. Ripp emailed me the tune. I ran the headers about two weeks with no tune and had a code the entire time. As soon as the tuner was installed the code went away and never came back. Your tuner that came with your supercharger should have a generic SC/Header Tune. That is the tune I use.

Installed the supercharger a couple months later. No issues. No codes. Lots of power.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen Ripp post a dyno of a supercharged Jk VS. a superchargered/headers JK.

The biggest reason I really like the headers is I can feel and hear my engine. I enjoy that. The wife's 2012 JKU is so quiet I don't even know its running sometimes.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Dude, sound clips! You gotta let us hear this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2023, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

I have them and love them. 100% needed a tune tho i had a custom ECU remap done and yea check engine light is always on but if you have a good tuner they can code the o2's differently or completely turn them off. I do wish i had a resonator but it backfires and everyone loves it and so do I😂
Old 03-29-2023, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

I'm extremely curious about these, my obx header on my lancer was a solid piece. pikashow

tplink login

Last edited by lalkelalke04; 04-03-2023 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

I had them on my 2011 3.8. No issues. No melted stuff though I did put heat protection on the top of the plugs. Added some mid range torque without a doubt.

Quick Reply: OBX Long Tube Headers